Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WDM26] - Uploading to Store and App Updates

Posted by JP 
JP
[WDM26] - Uploading to Store and App Updates
June 18, 2021 10:48AM
Hello All

We have developed a WDM26 app. We are now ready to upload to the Google Play Store and the Apple Store but we do not know how to do that. Any advice welcome and we are also willing to pay for some consulting in this respect.

Second question - how do apps get updated? Does the store handle updates or must we program something into our app to do updates?

Thanks for any advice.
Google Play Console for Android
Re: [WDM26] - Uploading to Store and App Updates
June 18, 2021 08:03PM
Hi,
it’s quite hard to describe complete process for publishing app on stores.

I suggest you to learn how to publish your apps because as time goes they will send you mails that some things are changed and you have to agree/comply to new rules or add some privacy info, or age verification etc.

Stores have many differences and developer registration fees.

For publishing on Apple store you will need Apple computer (MacMini is enough) with xcode installed and pay 99$ per year. (https://developer.apple.com/programs/)
Google Play is one time 20$ payment. (https://play.google.com/console)
Huawei AppGallery is free and you upload same apk as on Google Play. (https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/console)

Before publishing on store you should allways test app on at least 2 different (real) devices with different screen ratios for each platform.

Apps are updated simply by upload new version, describe what’s new, and after they approve your update users gets new version.

Depending on your app purpose, first approval can be really annoying.

BR,
Alen
June 25, 2021 07:18PM
Hi JP

Alen has described it well. He says that first purpose approval can be annoying. What is even more annoying is when one of your updates after ten years of approval gets rejected for no logical reason. It is a minefield of note and millions have been blown up before you.

Tip - if you are writing business apps stay out of the stores. Rather use the new MDM provided by PCSoft. I agree with Montpelier on this - the public stores is no place for business apps.

This is just my opinion - but it will depend on the app you have written - particularly the target audience.

Cheers
André
JP
June 28, 2021 12:04PM
Thanks Andre

Please see the PM i have sent you.

Cheers
June 29, 2021 10:42AM
Hi JP

The PM did not land. Please send again.

Cheers
André
June 29, 2021 10:49AM
Hi Alen

You wrote:

>>Huawei AppGallery is free and you upload same apk as on Google Play. (https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/console)

Interesting I have to tackle the Huawei problem soon. A few questions:

[1] Have you uploaded to the App Gallery yet?

[2] How do you deal with the issue of Huawei not shipping with the Google Framework any longer?

[3] How do you send push notifications with users that have Huawei mobile devices?

Cheers
André
JP
June 29, 2021 11:04AM
Hi Andre

Tried a 2nd time but no luck. Pls email me at if you will.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2021 12:50PM by JP.
June 29, 2021 11:09AM
Hi JP

Done.

Cheers
André
June 30, 2021 12:38AM
Hi André,
answers are under your questions

> >>Huawei AppGallery is free and you upload same
> apk as on Google Play.
> (https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/console)
>
> Interesting I have to tackle the Huawei problem
> soon. A few questions:
>
> [1] Have you uploaded to the App Gallery yet?

Yes

>
> [2] How do you deal with the issue of Huawei not
> shipping with the Google Framework any longer?

Currently have only one app on Huawei app gallery and it is simple automation app for door and parking lot control from mobile phones.

>
> [3] How do you send push notifications with users
> that have Huawei mobile devices?

Not for now but I will have plan to mplement something based on mqtt.
My experience with google is that push notifications mostly works but somethimes it took long time to deliver notification to end user.
Currently using mqtt with windev and work without that issues so my hope is to migrate whole notification system to my mqtt server.

Hope it helps

BR,
Alen
June 30, 2021 12:30PM
Hi Alen

You wrote:

>Not for now but I will have plan to mplement something based on mqtt.
>My experience with google is that push notifications mostly works but somethimes it took long time to deliver notification to end user.
>Currently using mqtt with windev and work without that issues so my hope is to migrate whole notification system to my mqtt server.

Care to share how you did it with WD? Should be the same with WDM. How much is it - what does it cost?

I have checked the web site. Looks excellent. If I knew how I would be happy to test the Huawei stuff - push notifications to phones and tablets.

How easy to publish in the App Gallery? What about security? Owned by the Chinese military? Most countries are abandoning Huawei technology and PCSoft has made it clear to me that they have no intention of getting mixed up in the technology war between China and the West - so zero interest from them in the near future. hence my questions.

Cheers
André
June 30, 2021 08:11PM
Hi Andre,
mqtt is straightforward.
Install mqtt broker (mosquitto or something other if you prefer)
After that use mqtt functions to connect, subscribe and publish messages.
[doc.windev.com]

How easy to publish in the App Gallery?
Easy as Google play but response is quicker

What about security?
I don”t know what you mean. Apps using https with passwords for webservices.
If you ask me about leaving my credit card number to them, I”m using Revolut virtual card witch it “frozen” all the time.

Owned by the Chinese military?
I really don”t care is it Chinese, American, German, British or Russian military or some agency behind the scenes because I can”t do much about it.
Users buy phones and they want app on them so I have to put it on all stores.

Most countries are abandoning Huawei technology and PCSoft has made it clear to me that they have no intention of getting mixed up in the technology war between China and the West - so zero interest from them in the near future. hence my questions.

I agree with PCSoft standpoint. It s not their job to mess with politics.
If Huawei want to sell phones they have to make it compatible with Android and currently they are.

BR,
Alen
August 03, 2021 11:40AM
Hi Allen

Been out of circulation for a while.

Thanks a ton for those answers - all makes sense.

But may need some help with some of this going forward.

Cheers
André
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.