Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM25] Constant disconnects whenever the device is locked

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM25] Constant disconnects whenever the device is locked
June 08, 2021 10:44AM
Any idea on how to avoid the app from constantly disconnecting from the server when the device is locked? Because I kept getting this error, the problem is that it will always crash the app down even if I pressed reconnect.
my first answer would be to NEVER be connected directly to a DB server from a mobile app. On Mobile, you WILL ALWAYS have disconnects, it's a fact of life. If it's not when the device is locked, it will be when it looses signal. So a direct access architecture is NOT the correct choice, as it means, at a minimum, that no web access means thaty your app is dead in the water

Use replication instead (I'm using Fabrice Harari's wxreplication open source for that)

my second answer is that if you really want to use your current system, then your CODE should be able to trap exceptions occurring when disconnected and do what's needed to reconnect, so look up the exception management in the help.
Re: [WM25] Constant disconnects whenever the device is locked
June 08, 2021 06:29PM
Hi,
had same problems.

I swtched to rest or soap webservices and it works fine.

BR,
Alen
Re: [WM25] Constant disconnects whenever the device is locked
June 09, 2021 06:12AM
Argus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my first answer would be to NEVER be connected
> directly to a DB server from a mobile app. On
> Mobile, you WILL ALWAYS have disconnects, it's a
> fact of life. If it's not when the device is
> locked, it will be when it looses signal. So a
> direct access architecture is NOT the correct
> choice, as it means, at a minimum, that no web
> access means thaty your app is dead in the water
>
> Use replication instead (I'm using Fabrice
> Harari's wxreplication open source for that)
>
> my second answer is that if you really want to use
> your current system, then your CODE should be able
> to trap exceptions occurring when disconnected and
> do what's needed to reconnect, so look up the
> exception management in the help.

if I am to take the first option (wxreplication) is the v1.2 still compatible with WM25 and beyond? And do you happen to have the documentation on how to implement it? Also is it possible to use it if you only have WM25 and WB24?
>>if I am to take the first option (wxreplication)
>>is the v1.2 still compatible with WM25 and beyond?

YEP

>> And do you happen to have the documentation on how to implement it?

it's on Fabrice's website and on the matching youtube channel (30+ pages and more than 8 jours of video)
More specifically, there is a step by step instruction page to implement it (including the case of existing data)

>> Also is it possible to use it if you only have WM25 and WB24?
as code is shared between all the project (mobile, web, etc), you need to either use the same version everywhere or duplicate all the classes/collections of procedures in each project in different versions...
But the communication between client and server is coppltely version independant, so if you go the more complex road (24+25), it will still function
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.