Advanced

VPN [WDM26]

Posted by ISO 
ISO
VPN [WDM26]
June 04, 2021 10:34AM
Hi

Is it possible to:

1. Connect to a VPN Profile (already setup) through the App (android/iOS)
2. Create a VPN Profile and connect directly through the App (android/iOS)

Thanks

ISO
Re: VPN [WDM26]
June 04, 2021 10:45AM
Hi ISO

Yes it is possible but you'll need to have the VPN client on the mobile device (E.g; Cisco Anyconnect) that establishes a secure VPN tunnel with your endpoint.

But to be honest that's not the best architecture moving forward...
The way to do this is typically create a public (https) WX or webservice endpoint in the cloud that provides secured access via e.g. oAuth2 and/or double authentification and from there on set-up a VPC to your internal infrastructure if needed. That will prevent having your mobile devices to require a local VPN client to be installed and connected first before being able to use the app.

It all depends on the flexibility you want, the amount of devices at play and the geographical spread for example...

Just my 2 cents

Peter Holemans
ISO
June 04, 2021 11:52AM
Hi Peter

really appreciate your advice/help. I will have a think how best to proceed.

thanks again

ISO
Infoss
June 04, 2021 04:55PM
Hello ISO
Yes it is possible and I have personally tested this way of communicating with the server.
My application on the link: [youtu.be]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.