Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WX26] Difficult release

Posted by dmontaine 
[WX26] Difficult release
May 15, 2021 09:29PM
Good releases. The English version that is a pre-release is changed to a final release within a few weeks with no changes. (Release candidate becomes final).

Difficult release: There is a significant delay between the pre-release and the final.

It has now been 1 month + 2 days since the pre-release of v26. This is probably one of the less-good years.
Re: [WX26] Difficult release
May 16, 2021 08:54AM
Hi Donald,

the ENGLISH pre-release still is called to be a 'pre-release' and is in version 89p [windev.com] ! We still are waiting for a couple of essential changes to this release in order to be able of calling it a 'final release'. However, in our business, as you know, there's no such thing you really can call 'final', it's just a business term.

And yes, you're right, the FRENCH one is being called 'final' now and is - hold on to your seat - version 56u [pcsoft.fr] ! This may have to do with the fact that the French version's period of reduced upgrade prices ended already ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 16, 2021 10:39AM
Hi Guenter,

the FRENCH version is now 100g NOT 5u - the first time I have ever seen a 100x release in WX !!!
And although the WX26 English version is a "preRelease" version it is the most STABLE WX version I have worked with.

It takes of course some time to feel comfortable with the NEW Standard Interface in the IDE, but it makes it more VS-like.

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 16, 2021 05:33PM
Hi Steven, you are right! They're at 100g already. So, we're waiting for 101x ?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 16, 2021 08:14PM
SteveSitas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Guenter,
>
> the FRENCH version is now 100g NOT 5u - the first
> time I have ever seen a 100x release in WX !!!
> And although the WX26 English version is a
> "preRelease" version it is the most STABLE WX
> version I have worked with.

>
> It takes of course some time to feel comfortable
> with the NEW Standard Interface in the IDE, but it
> makes it more VS-like.
>
> Regards
> Steven Sitas

Hit Steven,

really ? An whats about code loss (I read this in the french forum) ?

regards Michael
May 16, 2021 10:48PM
Hi Michael,

the 'code loss' phenomenon appears already in v25. We've been used to automatic saving of WINDEV. Since v25 it's not automatic anymore. Not in all cases, you have to do the Alt-S yourself. Its all there is.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
May 16, 2021 11:05PM
Hello

Have they fixed the V25 bug in the table, where if you click on an existing column name to edit it, the column moves to the left ?

Regards
Al
May 17, 2021 07:44AM
Hi Al,

I never experienced that bug. A click into a column shows the selection bar in the clicked row as a first step and then, as a second step, one can click a cell of the row. It works without moving. Maybe, you did not add up all columns to 100%?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 17, 2021 08:17AM
Hi Guenter,

if I read the PC Soft statement in the french forum correctly (thanx Google Translate) they have found the bug. But they closed the thread, so nobody can confirm if it really happened.

regards Michael
Al
May 17, 2021 08:35AM
Hello Guenter

It happens in the table editor

Regards
Al
Attachments:
open | download - TableError.jpg (50.5 KB)
May 17, 2021 09:19AM
Hi Michael,

this has been reported in WX v25 already so nothing "new" in WX26 smiling smiley
I haven't come across this bug in v25 or v26 - maybe I am just lucky ...

As I said the IDE is "bomb proof" here - but there may be problems in the VM

Regards
Steven Sitas
May 17, 2021 09:36AM
Hi Steven,

read this (last statement from PC Soft)

regards Michael
May 17, 2021 05:36PM
Hi Al,

uh, I see! I've had some bad experiences with that and I'm doing the Alt-S more frequently during my work and especially before shutting WD down.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
May 19, 2021 03:54AM
Hello Steven

I am glad V26 works for you.

For me it has been a complete waste of time.

Following your comments I thought I would try again, so I downloaded the whole thing and installed it as an integrated IDE for all three products.
Same issue as before with the non appearance of the edit window.
However the app doesn't run from the "GO" button
In the project code, the "Initializing the project after connection" code is grayed out and the project drops straight through to the "Closing" event.

If I copy the "Initializing the project after connection" code into the bottom of the first "Initializing" event then the application starts

I think I will skip this version.

Regards
Al
May 19, 2021 11:17AM
Hi Al,

the only thing I found was that I had to "reinitialize" the environment _AND_ re-run the IDE ...
I am running the 64bit version of the IDE - all three products integrated.

btw - None of my apps have an "Initializing the project after connection" area _AND_ most of them were created in v21, moved to v25, and then moved to v26.

Regards
Steven Sitas
ccc2
May 23, 2021 05:04PM
to me code lose happen alot on report module rather than on windows. while on WD26 , so far i haven't see it .
ccc2
May 23, 2021 05:09PM
SteveSitas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Al,
>
> the only thing I found was that I had to
> "reinitialize" the environment _AND_ re-run the
> IDE ...
> I am running the 64bit version of the IDE - all
> three products integrated.
>
> btw - None of my apps have an "Initializing the
> project after connection
" area _AND_ most of them
> were created in v21, moved to v25, and then moved
> to v26.
>
> Regards
> Steven Sitas

interesting , I don't even know such are exist . I create alot program using WD and not using it
Al
May 23, 2021 06:59PM
Hello Steven

My apps started life in V5.5 and there have been a couple of changes since then smiling smiley

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.