Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD26] HTML Display Control

Posted by dmontaine 
[WD26] HTML Display Control
April 26, 2021 06:52PM
When I first tried to use the new WD26 HTML Display Control, it would tell me I have to use IE/Edge and would not display the page. I installed the Chromium browser, not Chrome, on my computer. Windev still tells me that I need to check the check box to use IE/Edge, however, now when I run the program, it does display the web page I desire.

It looks to me that the new HTML control that takes up many pages of the WD26 brochure still has issues. However, by installing the Chromium browser, I can get it to work. (Note: I am doing more research to determine exactly what the requirements are to get the web control to work without IE/Edge as the results so far are inconsistent). For example, activating IE/Edge will cause Google Earth not to load. Unchecking the IE/Edge box will cause Google Earth to load correctly. I'm not sure if Chrome or Chromium is required in this case. More to explore. One thing is certain, the message saying that activating IE/Edge is required is not true in all cases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 07:21PM by dmontaine.
Argus
Re: [WD26] HTML Display Control
April 27, 2021 01:55PM
that makes sense... The new edge (the one pcsoft says is mandatory) is using the chromium engine... and so does the pcsoft control.

So as soon as the chromium engine is installed on the computer, the control will work, but pcsoft UI is detecting only the new edge case, not all chromium installs.

Clearly a bug in windev that you should report.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.