Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disconnecting a Connection from the Application Server

Posted by MPD_For_Life 
Disconnecting a Connection from the Application Server
March 18, 2021 02:57AM
Hello and thank you so much for the Help in advance.

Using WebDev 24

Can anyone share some code on how to disconnect the connection from the WEBDev server when the user clicks on the LogOff button in the Web Application?

This is what I mean

I have an initial Login Page, the user opens the browser logs in, and do its thing on the application
If we go to the WEBDev Administration tool we can see the user's IP Address connected.

I need to kill that user's connection to the WEBDev Server once he clicks on the LogOff button

I have looked in the PCSoft help and I couldn't find anything.

Thank you so much for the help.

Best regards,

Carlos
Help is sayoing that you should do this:

pageDisplay(ParkingPage) //Should be a static page as you don't want new code to create a new session
EndProgram()
And if THAT doesn't work, then you'll have to rely on the time out mechanism to close the session automatically... You can choose to have a small time out value superseeded by a keepalive mechanism (timer + ajaxexecuteasynchornous call)
Re: Disconnecting a Connection from the Application Server
March 18, 2021 04:16PM
Good Morning Argus.

As always thank you so much for all your help.

My page is not a Static Page.

Once the user clicks on the logoff button anywhere in the application, it redirects the user to the main page which is the First-page (The Login Page.)

That page only contains code in the Login Button which is the button that connects the user back into the application.

So I hope your suggestion works.

On the WebApp Administration tool, I have it set the Disconnect the User Since to 00:01:00 minutes or (One Minute)

Let me give it a shot.

Again
Thank you so much for all your help to all of us.

Best regards,

Carlos
Re: Disconnecting a Connection from the Application Server
March 18, 2021 05:10PM
Good Morning

Thank you Argus

Your suggestion worked.

Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Carlos
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.