Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skin template

Posted by jacek 
Skin template
February 15, 2021 02:19PM
Hi,
I have a main project which uses windows from several external components. There were problems with the windows loosing skin template when displayed from the main project.
My experience with using windows from external components progressed as my application grew.
I have noticed:
[1.] It looks like ticking the [Apply the theme of skin template... blah, blah] in project description > style, strips windows coming from components off their styles and leaves them naked (without any style at all) while not ticking the above allows them to keep their styles. It's acceptable (it is repeatable) though not OK.
[2.] A call to a component1.window in the main project is triggered by a button. The first time I press the button I get the window displayed without style. The I close the ugly window, I press the button again and voila (excuse my French) the window is displayed in all its glory (I mean style).

Any ideas, please...
Should I drop using external components ?

All the best
/Jacek
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.