Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing window left hanging

Posted by norfolk-reg 
Printing window left hanging
January 14, 2021 03:12PM
Hi,

WD22.

The reports in my application are written out to PDF files in a specified folder. This all works fine normally, but if for some reason the intended folder is not available (due to network security etc) then the report simply stops. Not a problem in itself because I check for the PDF file's existence in my application, but the pop up "Printing ..." window does not close and keeps focus, so the application effectively hangs.

Can I either
1. Stop the "Printing ..." window from appearing at all when I'm running reports OR
2. Get it to close if the reports simply stops/aborts.

I've tried using both the Case Exception and Case Error features to close the report, this has no effect.

Kind Regards
Reg
Argus
Re: Printing window left hanging
January 31, 2021 03:30PM
Not opening the window would not solve your problem, as it is the printing job that is blocked, not the display.

What you SHOULD do is test for the folder availability BEFORE you print... the fxxx functions should be able to do that very easily
Ned
Re: Printing window left hanging
February 02, 2021 11:13AM
You can use iWindowCancel before using iPrint to stop the printing window appearing.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.