Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD23 Generating Word documents via reports

Posted by Jeff Graham 
WD23 Generating Word documents via reports
January 08, 2021 10:39PM
Greetings to all,

I have been creating word documents with reports for a long time using iDestination(iGenericRTF, <filename>.doc) and then opening the file with Word. My client just went from Office 2013 to Office 2019 without a problem. I thought.

I was making some changes and emailed the .doc file for review and the logo shifts to the left margin. After some testing I realized Thunderbird was causing the issue as it is still in RTF format. If I do a Word SaveAs the file as docx then there is not a problem.

I have read the converting .doc to .docx thread which led me to the WD Controlling Word example. However that is more complex than I want to get into if avoidable.

Any suggestions for automatically saving a .rtf generated report in .docx format?

Thanks,

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 10:42PM by Jeff Graham.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.