Advanced

[WDM25] - Trapping swipe

Posted by JP 
JP
[WDM25] - Trapping swipe
January 07, 2021 01:21PM
Hi All

WDMobile 25:

Is there a way to trap a swipe action in a window? I know about the internal window swipe control but that is something different. I want the user to be able to use swipe left/right in a window to see the previous/next record details. Any way to trap a swipe action?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2021 01:21PM by JP.
JP
Re: [WDM25] - Trapping swipe
January 07, 2021 01:31PM
OK, so I guess the solution would be to use a Looper control. Seems easy enough.

Thanks
January 08, 2021 01:20AM
Hi JP,

I've done it using a tab control too.

On the Details tab of the Properties dialog you can set the option "Display mode of panes" to be "Invisible panes" which doesn't display the actual graphical part of the tabs/panes, then there's the "Change the pane by swipe" option which turns on the swipe capability.

The overall effect is that the user can't see that it's a Tab control; they just see the control(s) that you put on each tab/pane - works nicely thumbs up

Regards,
Darren.
JP
January 08, 2021 10:26AM
Thanks Darren. Sounds like a good option as well. In this case though the looper is working perfect.
January 08, 2021 05:29PM
No worries - Thought I'd mention it 'cos Loopers aren't the easiest of things to handle sometimes and didn't know if you'd got around to coding it smileys with beer

Regards,
Darren.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.