Advanced

[WDM25] - Modal Windows

Posted by JP 
JP
[WDM25] - Modal Windows
December 21, 2020 10:07AM
Hi All

WDM25 - Question about open mobile windows:

When I use OpenMobileWindow() to display a new window the execution of code returns (or stays) with the program that called that function. So the window does not open in what under Windows we would call Modal i.e. the user is not forced to acknowledge the new window like clicking an OK or Cancel button. Execution continues immediately in the procedure that opened the window and the code continues to run there. Is there a way to display a window and make sure a user acknowledges something on that window before allowing that window to be closed and control returned to the calling routine?

For example, we want to display a message window and the user must click the OK button to continue. But code continues to execute immediately after the OpenMobileWindow() function anyway ... ?

TIA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2020 10:08AM by JP.
Re: [WDM25] - Modal Windows
December 22, 2020 01:33PM
Hi JP,

this is a correct behavior.
Android as well as iOS do not have modal windows.

Have a look at the "closing the child window" event of the calling window.

Put the code you want to have executed after closing the window into this event.

Regards

Stefan.
JP
December 24, 2020 10:09AM
Hi Stefan

Thanks for the reply.

I understand but the problem is slighlty different. I want to display a window (e.g. a popup message window) which I need the user to read and then click the OK button before it closes and returns to the program that called the popup. However, using OpenMobileWindow() opens the window and displays it but execution does not stop at that window. Instead it returns immediately to the original calling program! So the user only sees the popup appear for a flash. How to force the popup to stay up until the users clicks the OK button?

Thanks!
December 24, 2020 02:13PM
I think you can use info() function to display the content you want to show.

In case of info() the code execution will stop till it is not closed.

But if you want to show a window with controls, etc. then I think you are out of luck.

--
Yogi Yang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.