Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anchor column for a static control

Posted by sivakrith 
December 16, 2020 06:04AM
Hello,

Windev 22, Table Control

I display a set of records in a table and created a break in the table to display, totals for the break. In the break footer, I display the total(s) for the required field(s) in the required format. I set the correct field name in the 'Anchor according to column' option in the properties of the total column [ Image file where I set this option is attached ]. Everything works fine, no issues.

When I open the project after some time, say a week or two, and make changes in other windows [ not the above set of windows ], I set the option set in 'Anchor according to column' modified to <None>. This happened in almost all of the tables where I set this option. Sure that I didn't make any changes in those windows, not even opened it. I found that those total displayed in an unwanted place made me to check this option in the window, where I found that this option is reverted to <None>.

I don't know when and how this got changed and that too in almost all of the windows. And this happened for the third time, I could not understand how this is getting changed. Every time I start correcting by selecting the right option and in a week or two, I could see that this option is getting reverted in almost all of the windows.

With no modifications done, not even opened, what could be causing this issue Am I doing something wrong? I could not understand why this is happening. And modifying every possible window, which is currently 12 and increasing, every time is a nightmare.

Anyone facing such an issue and any remedies found so far?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
Attachments:
open | download - Anchor Column Option.PNG (34.2 KB)
December 16, 2020 07:18AM
Hi Sivakprakash,

I'd say that this is, uhm, a bug. Please report to Tech Support. This will not cure your problem, of course. I recommend to fix that by using a line of code instead. Try to put it in "Whenever resizing the column ..."

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
December 16, 2020 08:32AM
Thanks Guenter,

Could you detail, how (&what) to write the line of code?

I could see an event named "Resizing the <COLUMNNAME> column, in the code event of that particular column. And I think you mean that only by "whenever resizing the column".

I could not imagine what to write to move the position of the total column, for the corresponding column. Any help?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
December 16, 2020 08:37AM
Hi, I don't know for sure either but before starting to identify Windows events, I'd try to put something like that

StaticYours..x = TableName.ColumnName..x

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.