Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WM Document Scanner

Posted by stefan.kern 
WM Document Scanner
December 14, 2020 06:03PM
Hi all,

I have an app (iOS / Android) developed in WM24 (but I need to update to 25 soon).
In this App the user can take a photo of a document (delivery receipt). This photo is converted into a PDF and uploaded to a server by using soap services.

I did this using the cameracontrol and functions of WM.

Now I saw this tool, which is much more professional: [scanbot.io]

I wonder, wheather it is possible to integrate this tool in WM (both, iOS and Android).

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Stefan.
Argus
Re: WM Document Scanner
December 15, 2020 02:20PM
if nobody used it before in WM, there is no way to know short of trying it (there is a trial licence), it us callable from JAVA, so you can possibly do it from the JAVA procedures BUT, the main problems I had in the past with that are:
- if it's necessary to use complex classes from the sdk (only procedures on the windev side of java)
- if it's necessary to use CALLBACK functions from the sdk to the windev side

These two points are the big problems and there have been cases where it wasn't possible... Now it's always possible to develop a wrapper in JAVA, one that will be compatible with WM, and then call the wrapper from windev, but you need real JAVA skills to do that.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.