Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Import an Excel file into the existing HFSQL C / S data table?

Posted by RobertLeo 
Import an Excel file into the existing HFSQL C / S data table?
November 26, 2020 05:51AM
Greetings

I would like to know how to import an Excel file into an existing data table in HFSQL C / S. The two files have the same columns but Excel has more data, and I don't want to create a new data table because I would have need to change my coding and change the links. Please tell me how can I import all data from excel to data table
there are different ways depending on the level of control you want to have.... Importing garbage is never a good idea, in my opinion, and an excel spreadsheet is very rarely controlled correctly...

That said, the simplest method (and the one with the least control is the himportxls function... [help.windev.com]

After that, you can also import by reading the spreadsheet with the xlsxxxx functions, and looping on the lines to control and import them... That method is much better because you can massage the data, manage errors, etc... However, if your spreadsheet is big, you may encounter some problems.

My preferred method is to first transform the spreadsheet into a csv file, and then read that file with floadfile and process the lines by loops of extractstrings... This remove basically all size limit, and I can control exactly what is imported or not.
Re: Import an Excel file into the existing HFSQL C / S data table?
December 19, 2020 07:29PM
Hi,

If you want full control, then that's quite simple.

I have some code on the solutions part of this forum; [www.wxforum.info]

Regards,
Darren.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.