Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WAS OS

Posted by pauly139 
WAS OS
November 06, 2020 11:43PM
Getting ready to lease a VM for serving a session WB app. Will hopefully have 100's of simultaneous users, so eventually need multiple server and load balancing etc. My OS knowledge is limited, so any advice on whether to go WIndows Server 2012/2019 or Windows 10 Pro appreciated. I have no experience (or knowledge) or Windows Server config / maintenance so would need to buy in some expertise to set it up.
Re: WAS OS
November 07, 2020 07:03AM
Hi pauly,

the more stable environment for HFSQL C/S is Linux. I recommend to use CentOS. But beware, using CentOS needs solid Linux knowledge, it has no graphic user interface! One thing more: look for a provider who offers "Remote Reset"! We pay 5 Euro / month for that feature but it's worth much more. Calling the provider's service on Saturdays or Sundays or during the night will cost you a lot of downtime, nerves etc.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
November 07, 2020 08:22AM
Hi,
Win 10 - don’t use it, it have many services that you don’t need just slowing down your system
Server 2012 - end of support is 2023 if that is matter to you
Server 2019 - WAS 24/25 running fine on IIS

Check out this WAS installation tutorial
[youtu.be]

For 100 concurrent connections consider buy or rent dedicated server.

Linux is better in both, performance and price, but I’m unable to find “linux guru” available 24/7 so my choice is windows.

BR,
Alen
November 07, 2020 08:24AM
Thanks for your advice. Running MySQL, I find HFSQL CS slower and generally less flexible.

Looks like server 2019 and apache (IIS just confuses me!!)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.