Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raspberry Pi 400

Posted by gga 
gga
Raspberry Pi 400
November 03, 2020 08:12PM
I was considering these for inexpensive data entry stations. I think the Raspian OS is a form of Linux. Does that mean that WINDEV Linux compiled programs will likely run on them? ( I would ask PCSoft but they only seem to reply if you have an active support contract.)
Garry
Re: Raspberry Pi 400
November 03, 2020 10:10PM
Hi Garry,
as seen on their page Raspbian PI is based on Debian and Debian is supported by windev.
[doc.windev.com]
You can install Raspbian PI in virtual machine and test your application.
[www.osboxes.org]

Depending on your project maybe webdev application is better solution because it is OS independent.
Also depending of your infrastructure you can have windows server with RDP, build normal win application and use Windows/MacOS/Linux/Android/IOS terminals with RDP client.

BR,
Alen
gga
November 04, 2020 01:16AM
Thanks for your input. I checked out Docs.WinDev.com and noticed the following:
The Linux applications developed with WINDEV operate on the devices equipped with an Intel processor or with a processor compatible with Intel (the ARM processors are not supported).
I think the Raspberry Pi has an ARM processor.
Garry
November 04, 2020 07:13AM
Hi Garry,
yes indeed, quad core ARM.

BR,
Alen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.