Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD25] project not save properly

Posted by ccc2 
ccc2
[WD25] project not save properly
October 26, 2020 01:32AM
in WD25 , I encounter intermittent some code section I change not save while some save even though I click save and compile.

at first I though it's just me. recently I was ask a customer to amend a report . I finish compile and deploy . last week the customer report a small problem of the text and want me to change . when I open the report I found the report back to before I make change.

anyone encounter same problem ?
Re: [WD25] project not save properly
October 26, 2020 01:50AM
Yeah I have the same problem. I posted about it a few weeks back and replies from other developers who have also experienced the issue. I haven't yet determined the exact sequence of events that causes it to happen.

Kind of related I have also had instances where the current version of a screen or page will revert back to an earlier version in the SCM for no apparent reason. Needless to say I back up all my projects to an archive regularly as I can no longer trust the SCM completely...
October 26, 2020 07:04AM
Hi, yes, since v25 I'm doing the Alt-S and Strg-S several times before closing a project - in order to save the thing properly. Too often the last code changes to a project disappeared. I'm relatively sure that this mis-behaviour will stay with us at least for the next versions - so, better make it a habit.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
ccc2
October 26, 2020 07:15PM
save multi time no use. I spend 3 hours to create a report . I endup spend 6 hours because it keep revert back.

i don't understand , I keep save but when compile get revert back. I don't have time and this garbage random revert which make me don't know where go wrong.

such a serious bugs and PCS do nothing
Al
October 26, 2020 07:51PM
Hello

I haven't got around to using V25 yet but I was wondering if setting the Autobackup to a short time like 5 minutes and also ticking the Flush option in the General Windev options might help. I have the "Compile in background" un-ticked.
I have no need of the SCM so that is not a factor for me. These are the settings I always use anyway.

Regards
Al
ccc2
October 27, 2020 11:55AM
Hi Al ,

if you click save or press alt + S at every section you add or modify code and still revert back .
can change those option make any different ? NO

PCS this bugs really make WD25 useless

imaging you adding function to your existing program which will be divide into 3 parts.
it took you 3 hours to finish Part 1 (compile and run) , and another 3 hours to finish Part 2 . when you compile test run , you get strange error from Part 1. when you check , most of code in part 1 gone.

you may think not a big deal can redo . after second time redo , you encounter same problem (this time whole Part 2 work gone), adding you run out time and you already pull a night and your work look like you just start.

what will you do at that time ?
October 27, 2020 06:49PM
Hi ccc2,
I’m starting new project in WD v25 so I will like to know more about this problem.
Currently I have one WM v25 app and didn’t encounter that kind of bugs but that app doesn’t have reports.

Do you use SCM? (if yes what is your server version, and what is your SCM database version)
Did you check that maybe some files are readonly in your project directory? (happens to me once on v24 after project restore)

If possible, I would like to reproduce problem with smallest number or steps and send it to tech support.
Also it looks that new version of v25 is soon to be released so hopefully this strange behaviour will be corrected.

Thanks is advance.

BR,
Alen
October 29, 2020 04:54PM
Hi,

can anybody confirm that the bug is still in WX25 90f ?

regards Michael
ccc2
November 01, 2020 11:15AM
Michael Drechsel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> can anybody confirm that the bug is still in WX25
> 90f ?

Nope . most likely you will have to get WX26 for the fixed.

who upgrade to WX25 are sucker
November 01, 2020 06:58PM
Hi,
ccc2 do you use SCM?

BR,
Alen
ccc2
November 02, 2020 03:26PM
slxslx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> ccc2 do you use SCM?
>
> BR,
> Alen

No
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.