Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD version 26 French

Posted by Frans 
WD version 26 French
September 30, 2020 01:22PM
Hello to you all,

On the French website the new WD26 presentation.

Regards Frans
Re: WD version 26 French
September 30, 2020 02:13PM
Hi Frans,

this one seems to be the solution for most of our problems! It converts a WINDEV project into a WEBDEV project. No TSPlus necessary. As it seems. As it seems.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
September 30, 2020 05:58PM
Hi Guenter,
since my French is near zero, which part of the brochure covers translating a WINDEV project to a WEBDEV project in WX26?

Regards
Steven Sitas
September 30, 2020 06:07PM
Hi Steven,

Look at page 9, new feature 053 and page 42, new feature 779.

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
September 30, 2020 06:26PM
Hi Vassilis,
well this does NOT look as a TSPLUS replacement. Just a SAAS refresh ...
I was expecting a real TSPLUS replacement - something like Clarions NEW AnyScreen technology.

btw, it seems like we have OCR in the new version (I know that you have been waiting for this one) - lets hope it works with Greek ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
September 30, 2020 06:37PM
Hi,

I just "read" feature 776.
Seems like transfering a WINDEV site to WEBDEV or SAAS has improved from v25.
Now new technology here ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
September 30, 2020 06:48PM
Hi Steven,

You have right. The feature 779 is for SAAS, the feature 776 is for WB site.

As for the OCR capability, seems to extract the text portion of PDF and not the whole PDF with lines, character size, etc.
BTW this is a wellcome feature.

Regards

Vassilis Boutsikas
October 01, 2020 02:12PM
Hi,

perhaps any french speaking coder has time to translate the main features in english ?

TIA

regards Michael
October 01, 2020 06:52PM
Hi Michael,

there's no problem to use e.g. Ashampoo 11's OCR which puts the recovered text into the clipboard and then you have to put it by Ctrl-V into DeepL for translation into English or German. The real problem: even the translation is copyrighted byPC Soft! So, one has to a) translate and b) put the text into other words.However, I can do that for a couple of the new features ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 01, 2020 07:13PM
Oh yes, please.

regards Michael
EnglishWX26Info
Translation: WD version 26 French
October 03, 2020 04:24PM
Re: Translation: WD version 26 French
October 03, 2020 06:35PM
Hi,

thank you! Imho, it's illegal, but I'll ask PC Soft on Monday for their consent. After all, it's an easy way for the English speaking community to read the new features of WX 26. The French PDF is distributable. However, they could complain about the "bad quality" and ask for immediate deletion. Which I'll do. Hopefully all of you have copied the 47 images to their computer ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 04, 2020 09:38AM
Hi,

many thx.

After first view:

The new html field in WD is nice (especally for E-Mails), but they do nothing for the HTML output for E-Mails in the reporteditor, which I heavy use :-(

@Guenter:

The PC Soft people are a little bit strange.

It´s like Elon Musk annouced a new electric car and write the specs at the tesla website. And nobody is allowed to translate this ....

regards Michael
October 04, 2020 10:24AM
Hi Michael,

1) the kudos for doing and posting the translation go to "the unknown but glorious translator of the world wide web" !! I did not do it!

2) I believe, I already have a bad reputation in the south of France, so, I do not comment.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
October 07, 2020 07:26PM
Hi,
for me this v26 looks really promising.

- nice Chromium based HTML control
- OCR (even on mobile) itself is reason to update, hope it works fine with Latin2
- non blocking mandatory fields (out of box)
- private app store with automatic update
- WAS with integrated websockets

For that features I currently use 3rd party tools or various workarounds so thank you PCSoft.

... and it looks that real support for 43+ inch wide screens finally have sense + editor speed up, WOW! Somebody is listening!

BR,
Alen
October 08, 2020 05:41AM
Hi Steve

"AnyScreen technology."

That would be really nice.

Cheers
André

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 05:49AM by André Labuschagné.
October 08, 2020 09:55AM
Hello to you all,

For our customers we can set 'Remember size and position" on.

With our 4K screens the code editor is always very very large. Even with a new screen.
No code and it is almost full size.

Asked for it for a dozen years and always: Good idea. Thank you. But no result and every day dozen of extra clicks.

Or did I overlook something?

Regards Frans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 01:43PM by Frans.
Ola
October 08, 2020 01:24PM
Hi Frans,

My feelings exactly. And it's not a dozen unnecessary mouse clicks every time to fix the idiotic default size of code editing windows, its hundreds!

And there is more. Here is my humble wishlist for the developers of WX products (currently I am using WX23, so more recent versions migh already have some of these, which I doubt...):

For project:
- I want to set my own defaults, like "currency defined for project" for currency fields, not "currency defined for project (+ currency)". Or the today-translations for all the date selection "calendars".

- I want translate the everywhere-repeating default texts, like Average, Counter, Maximum, Minimum, Sum, centrally, in the project settings, and only replace them with some other words where I want to.

- I would really like to have a tree view of all the windows of a project (like I had in Clarion CPD in 80s and 90's) to see the chains of all window calls.

For analysis:
- I want to see all the possible file header fields as columns in the file browsing window, instead of just the miserable few fields currently available. I could then hide those that I don't need just now.

- I want to see all the possible file item fields as columns in the item browsing windows, instead of just the miserable few field currently available. I could then hide those that I don't need just now.

- I want to be able to copy a file item to another item in the same file, and then just change what needs to be changed.

- I want to have another name for each analysis item, in addition to the one they already have. The second name would be used as column headers in tables and reports. For instance: an item could hold a discount code, with a normal name to be used in forms, like "Discount code", and then another, a shorter one, like "DC", to be used as column headers in tables and reports. The discount code itself would be something like one or two characters long, so its an enormous waste of space in tables and reports to put it in a 13 characters wide column, and/or enormous waste of time having to each time adjust the label and column width to the width of the data.

Code editor (this is the problem Frans already brought out):
- If I have a one meter wide screen, it really doesn't mean that I also want one meter wide code editing windows! I want to specify the default width (and height) for code editing windows myself! And I want them to rember their settings. This is one of the most time eating bugs, that I would like to get rid of!

- I want to be able to save texts to an external text file and I want to import texts from external text files. And I would like to do this with an obvious problem solved: I would like to keep any multilingual texts in good shape during these processes, which might be a too tall an order...

- To be able to include external text files in the code would be a nice feature.

Search dialog:
- I want to control the search process totally by keyboad. currently I can't do it, as some fields do not react to enter key, and it's a pain.

WDMsg:
- I want to be able to extract and re-import also all texts in the analysis for translation.
- I want WDMsg included in the basic WX prices, considering how little, if anything, is done to develop it between versions. Its current price is highway robbery and its quality is pitiful.

Table controls:
- I want to see the most important details of the item when selecting a link for a column, even if the source is a query.

Multilingual texts and dialogs:
- I want to have decent centralized management system for multilingual texts and dialogs. Currently there is not much. I want a table to browse thru all of them and to see whether any of them is missing any translation. And batch commands to fill any empty language slots with the text of some other language, as it is better to have any language rather than just empty texts, while waiting for everything to be properly translated. Possibly (and preferably) all multitlingual texts could have a counter which tells which texts are most frequently used.

- Also I want to be able to find and delete orphan multilingual messages, which are not used in the project.

- Fix the error when creating a new global procedure from a selected block of code: If there are multilingual messages in the block, they either disappear or get overwritten by other texts already in the same group of procedures.

Email
Decent decoding of "the high end Ascii characters" in UTF-8 encoded HTML messages. Currently its a mess.

General:
- I want to be able to assign a single text string to the tooltip of a group of controls. In other words, the "..Tooltip" property should be added to groups of controls,

- All the internal reports of WX should be tighter. Currently they waste an awfull amount of empty space and pages (and paper, if you print them out).

- The internal reports should always have a header indicating what is listed. Currently, for instance, you can print a file description, WITH NO FILENAME ON IT!

In general, I would expect more defaults and automation = ease of use = speed!

Best regards
Ola
October 09, 2020 11:16AM
For those wanting to try the Chromium HTML feature

You can download the CanaryBay project on the PC-Soft repository web site, here
[repository.windev.com]

The project works already with the current version...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 11:18AM by Patrice Terrier.
October 09, 2020 06:58PM
Hi Patrice,
looks interesting, thanks for sharing.

BR,
Alen
October 27, 2020 02:44AM
For easy viewing, save all 47 images to a folder, then open Powerpoint and choose Insert, Photo Album, and configure as required.

Regards
Mike
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.