Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 Recompiling issues

Posted by PhorumUser 
WD24 Recompiling issues
September 17, 2020 03:25AM
Hi all

Anyone else having issues with needing to restart your computer and doing a fresh recompile after the restart for the recompilation to actually work as it should? If so is there anyway around this? Getting all the software back up after the restart can be a pain.

If I don't also restart many of the elements go out of place and some buttons on the pages just disappear in testing.
Re: WD24 Recompiling issues
September 17, 2020 06:51AM
Hi, you definitely should do a Ctrl+S or a click on the "save"-icon before compiling. Beginning with all v24 products, explicitely saving the project before compiling or shutting down seems to be essentlial.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
Re: WD24 Recompiling issues
September 17, 2020 07:23AM
Hello

If I can just add a little.
Ctrl S saves.

Alt S saves all

Ctrl Shift W closes all open items - hopefully this also means they are written to disk.

So I always Alt S and then Ctrl Shift W before closing and I run them both about every 10 minutes while I am working
I also have the Force Flush" option ticked and the Auto backup set to 5 minutes in the General Windev Options

You can rely on Windev crashing at least once per day and more frequently if you make code changes while the debugger is running.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.