Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD23] WD hides my directories!

Posted by Ola 
Ola
[WD23] WD hides my directories!
August 20, 2020 12:08PM
Hi all,

I started to wonder, where some of my project directories have disappeared! As if some terrorist or virus would have deleted them! After some headscratchingconfused smiley I realized that Windev was the terroristangry smiley. One day a directory was visible, but after editing the app in the directory, I could not find it anymore! This does not happen to all apps, just some older ones.

After further investigations I found that they were not deleted, WD just made them invisible! I find this somewhat frustrating, to say the least.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there any remedy, other than after the fact running a batch program that removes the hidden attribute from all directories on the disk (which can take a rather long time)?

Best regards
Ola
Using Windev 23 on 64b Win 7 home premium SP1
Al
Re: [WD23] WD hides my directories!
August 20, 2020 02:40PM
Hello Ola

I skipped V23, I do still use Win7 (Pro & SP1)
Windev applies its own version number folder icons to some folders
I can recall something similar a few years ago and I resolved it by changing the icons to standard Windows folder icons so maybe try that.

Regards
Al
Ola
August 23, 2020 11:33AM
Hi Al,

and thanks for the answer.
I have a very faint déjà-vu that I might have asked this same question earlier some years ago, and that you might have given a same kind of answersmiling smiley Maybe I'm just getting old... But I just have to ask, where do you change these icons?

Best regards
Ola
Al
August 23, 2020 12:04PM
Hello Ola

From Windows File Explorer:
Right click on the folder > Properties > Customize > Change Icon

Regards
Al
Ola
August 24, 2020 08:54PM
Hi Al,

Thanks!smileys with beer

I noticed the problem directories indeed had customized icons with a WD[version#] watermark on them! These were some testing and experimenting apps that had originated from some older WD sample apps. I now returned the default icons according to your instructions. Hopefully they do not hide themselves again.

Best regards
Ola
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.