Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RESTSend - Error 100138

Posted by Wolfgang 
RESTSend - Error 100138
August 14, 2020 11:03AM
Hi Everyone

Hoping that someone can give some help on this issue I am having at only one of my clients.

I am getting a Error returned 100138 when doing a HTTP REST request in WD 25 - it times out. This happens even on using MS Edge - I put in the URL directly on the address bar and it just times out with a non-reachable site message. Yet, all other computers at the clients has no such issue.

Did a Google search and only got these to "solutions" but both do not help much as it does not resolve the issue.
[forum.pcsoft.fr]
and
[www.wxforum.info]

Further on. Searching on the Net for this error brings up nothing of relevance.

Hoping someone here has some insight to this issue.

Regards

Wolfgang
Argus
Re: RESTSend - Error 100138
August 14, 2020 02:55PM
as this problem happens only on one machine, and as the problem happens ALSO in a browser, we can be sure that the problem is NOT coming from your program, and clearly from this computer configuration...

So you will have to check, in no particular order, anything and everything that can block a connection to the web:
- Anti-virus
- firewall
- proxy
- ...???

the easiest way is to inactivate them all to check if it works, then reactivate one by one and test... Once you find the culprit, look at its settings
August 16, 2020 01:55PM
Hi Argus

Thanks for the feedback.

I have done the anti-virus, then firewalls proxy... and also the host file etc. but nothing seems to have resolved this issue.

In the meantime, my client's IT re-installed the Windows 10 from scratch. And still it does not work.

But I have noticed that the client had "Volume License" for Windows 10. Now that it is re-installed, Microsoft is saying it is not legit registered license. So I am not sure if this is the cause, but the REST service from our app or even the web page for the REST in Edge is still not working.

Regards

Wolfgang
Peter Holemans
August 17, 2020 11:15AM
Hi Wolfgang,

Can you get it to work with Postman or curl?
You may be able to trace the issue some more in Postman.

Just my 2 cents

Peter H.
August 18, 2020 06:08PM
Hi Peter,

Will not be able to do that test unfortunately... although it would have been interesting to see the results of Postman.

My client replaced the computer with another machine, hence no more issues.

Regards

Wolfgang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.