Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there any way to perform robotic QA testing via windev

Posted by RobertLeo 
Is there any way to perform robotic QA testing via windev
August 13, 2020 11:58AM
Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to do an automated Quality Assurance test using Windev Mobile, because I recall that in one of the marketing for WM24 was that it was capable of doing an automated test run of the app I am creating and will notify if there is any issues in between. So is this a thing or not?
Re: Is there any way to perform robotic QA testing via windev
August 13, 2020 01:01PM
Hi

seach for test in the Help!

[help.windev.com]

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
August 13, 2020 01:30PM
Hello Guenter,

Thank you for the reply, but correct my understanding if I am wrong, in this one I will have to write a scenario/script or record one through regular use? And then whenever I create changes, using the automated script it'll run through the app and will notify me if there is a crash somewhere?
August 13, 2020 02:05PM
Hi,

automated testing is hard. PC Soft's concept is based on scripts, btw the scripting language is not new, it is the WLanguage. Don't believe that it's easy and a no-brainer.

However, this is true for most methods, because most changes in the UI will result in errors and changes to the script too.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
to complete Guenter's answer...

Yes, it's available, yes, it works and NO it's not easy to use... It's basically as complex as writing your program, and it's valuable ONLY (in my opinion) if you have a big project, with a big team, and part of that team is a dedicated testing group that would be in charge of that...

In any other situation, it will take WAY more time to setup that do the manual testings...

And of course, you STILL need to do manual testing, the automated scripts cannot catch everything, far from it. It will mostly catch regressions/changes problems.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.