Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Porting app to iOS

Posted by pauly139 
Porting app to iOS
August 10, 2020 06:09AM
Hi all
Time for me to start porting my Android applications (WM25) to iOS. I'm looking to purchase a suitable 2nd hand Apple computer - can anyone give me guidance on the minimum specs I need? Also any guidance on quickly getting up to speed with the Apple way of doing things, I have no experience in that universe.

Rgds
Paul
Argus
Re: Porting app to iOS
August 11, 2020 04:39PM
Any mac mini will be enough to do what is needed...

As to QUICKLY getting up to speed, I wish you the best of luck, and hope you still have a lot of hairs to pull out of your head... the apple is fully rotten, in my opinion
August 13, 2020 07:46PM
Hi,
I have same experience.

Mac mini is good enought but don’t buy too old model because you will not be able to upgrade to latest MacOS and then you cannot run latest xcode.
Their plan to switch to ARM processor will probably cut MacOS updates for Intel Macs but still you should be good for 2 or 3 years if you buy 2 years old Mac.
If you choose to buy MacBook or iMac check that device doesn’t have some bad hardware straight from factory, butterfly keyboard, graphics card on iMacs, cpu trottling on latest models, etc. Repairs are way too much $ and your device will have same hardware flaw.

Also you can try vmware solution to run MacOS on your PC (didn’t try that but it looks promising)
[youtu.be]

For one app (some automation project), Apple required to send them couple of videos of real life app usage.
Also in another project I had to change app icon because it’s too similar to one app already in store.

Hope it helps

BR,
Alen
Argus
August 14, 2020 03:32PM
>>>>Also you can try vmware solution to run MacOS on your PC (didn’t try that but it looks promising)<<<<

Be aware that the MacOS licence FORBIDS the use of the OS on ANYTHING OTHER than apple hardware...
Therefore the above solution, while technically possible, is illegal...

If found out, you will be at a minimum banned from the apple store, and possibly much more depending on the mood of apple's lawyers
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.