Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD22] Slow opening window

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
[WD22] Slow opening window
August 03, 2020 07:03PM
Hi,

I have a complex window which takes over 4 sec to open and 3 to close.
The performance profiler says "internal runtime processes".

Has anybody an idea which control is the reason for something like that ?

Other windows with the same complexity open faster ....

regards Michael
Re: [WD22] Slow opening window
August 04, 2020 01:01AM
Hello Michael,

I had an issue like this took 7 seconds to open the window. Had this issues for a year, so finally I made a copy of the window and deleted one control at a time until I found what was casing it. Turned out to be a query in one of my tables, I re-wrote it and now it takes 1 second.

These things can be a pain to find.

Good luck

DW
August 04, 2020 09:40AM
Hi,

yes, this should be a way to find the issue. Thx.

regards Michael
August 08, 2020 08:42PM
Hi Michael,
if you can't find the error in DATA loaded controls, take a look at the way you store control configurations (like length etc on table controls).
If you are using an XML file, to store the configuration, change to the Registry store - this usually speeds things a LOT.

Regards
Steven Sitas
August 25, 2020 09:18AM
Hi Steve,

I found the reason.
I have a project based application and save all settings (windows position, selection and other things) project based in a *.ini file. At my developer machine this ini has over the time 5 MB. After deleting this it runs again like a ferrari :-)

regards Michael
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.