Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HFSQL: GUI take like forever to load. [SOLVED]

Posted by tbh 
tbh
HFSQL: GUI take like forever to load. [SOLVED]
July 31, 2020 03:52PM
Hi,

Could be my WinDev VM (VMWare), starting with version 24 (and continued in 25) the HFSQL GUI takes all resources on my PC when loading for a long time.

Now all my resources are used to draw the "startup dashboard" ? - I tried to use "modification mode" and Hide all the widgets (or all except one) but they are all back again when I startup HfSQL GUI the second time?!

Are there other that experience this or could it be a local problem on my VM?

Se example below:

(Shows 64% but are taking 100%)

Any help would be appreciated smiling smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 01:26PM by tbh.
Argus
Re: HFSQL: GUI take like forever to load.
July 31, 2020 04:39PM
My first suspect is anti-virus.

Make sure that both the windev directory and the project directory are excluded from the AV inspection, as it's often a drag otherwise.

Second suspect is memory.

You are talking about VMs, and if yours doesn't have enough memory for the loading process, you are switching to disk swap, and that is slooooooow. So if the first oen doesn't solve it, try increasing the memory allocated to your VM.
tbh
Re: HFSQL: GUI take like forever to load. {SOLVED]
August 02, 2020 01:25PM
Hi,

My first suspect is anti-virus.

Nope - Switching On/Off antivirus had no effect at all.

Second suspect is memory.

I have dedicated 16GB to my WinDev machine.

Since WinDev version 16 I`ve just updated the HF server during installation

So after trying a lot of stuff I finally uninstalled it (And it looked as it was 2 installations, with different names (and perhaps a 32 bit and a 64?))

Rebooted and Re-Installed and now it works as expected grinning smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.