Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying WinDev 25 on one v24 app

Posted by tbh 
tbh
Trying WinDev 25 on one v24 app
July 30, 2020 08:49AM
Hi,

Converting my WinDev 24 app went smooth, except for a couple of errors as regards to syntax fault.

I could not understand this, so I re-typed the same commands above the one giving me the error.

If anybody have an idea I`m all ears smiling smiley

Anyhow I commented out the Syntax-error version and my app seems ok smiling smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Re: Trying WinDev 25 on one v24 app
July 30, 2020 09:13AM
Hi Tor-Bjarne,

sometimes this happens to me as well.
1 - Just move the mouse cursor over the "error" in order to find out what Windev really says.
2 - If you can't get rid of the red things, just re-write the line, I haven't found the reasons for it. I suspect, there are unknown & unshown characters in a line triggering those "syntax errors"

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
tbh
July 30, 2020 10:09AM
2 - If you can't get rid of the red things, just re-write the line, I haven't found the reasons for it. I suspect, there are unknown & unshown characters in a line triggering those "syntax errors"

Yes as stated I rewrote the darn thingy grinning smiley -But my code was working perfect with WD24 anyhow.

If there are unshown characters, the editor should just get rid of them, I cannot see when we need unshown/unsupported characters in the wd editor.

Now editors that do offer input of control caracters, esc sequences and so forth,usually also have a show control characters option or similar .

smiling smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
July 30, 2020 10:16AM
Radio Erevan: in principle: yes! Fact is however, the shown code is in Unicode and as you know it contains damned 65.000 different "characters"!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
tbh
July 30, 2020 10:23AM
Hi GPredl,

Unicode and as you know it contains damned 65.000 different "characters"!

And I only use 29, do you think I can get a discount grinning smiley

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.