Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM24] Is there any way to add more platforms in layout

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM24] Is there any way to add more platforms in layout
July 13, 2020 04:10AM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a new platform into the choice of platforms for layouts but there doesn't seem to be any option to do so? And I am limited to only 1 platform that I was able to add in the initial wizard but nothing more beyond that, can anyone help? And is there any way to modify the existing platform on layouts?
Re: [WM24] Is there any way to add more platforms in layout
July 13, 2020 05:25AM
and on top of that, would it be better if I modify the sizing to a specific device? Because the test device I use is a Samsung Tab A (2019) ( 1200 x 1920 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~224 ppi density)), and the only platform template available that is close to it is the Samsung Tab 4 10.1, but the resolution is far different, and when attempting to deploy to the tablet there is a large empty space at the bottom of the screen
July 13, 2020 08:24AM
Hi,

You need to look at anchors to get the layout to fit different screen sizes.

Pete
except in very specific cases where I know exactly what the hardware used will be and I'm SURE it will NEVER change (basically never), I use the generic phone and/or generic tablet layout.

It's the smallest one possible, and I use anchoring to make my control use all the available space in ANY hardware used.
July 14, 2020 03:42AM
Argus,

This is what I initially tried, I changed the screen to the lowest available generic android tablet screen and worked from there, it ended up becoming a mess even with anchoring on higher resolution devices so I tried out layouts, but that made it worse on my two test devices
July 14, 2020 10:43AM
RobertLeo,

in the GUI tab of the Window there is a setting "Unit for sizes and positions.."
I have that set on "Desktop AND Mobile compatible"
If I remember correctly "Desktop OR Mobile compatible" gave me some struggles in the past. Not sure why, but maybe it helps

I wonder how others use this setting btw - Argus,Peter?

Arie
July 14, 2020 11:56AM
RobertLeo,

I have to say it took me a long time to understand anchoring, but it does work on complicated layouts over different resolution devices. I too work on the smallest generic phone screen, and the layouts looks find on both Samsung Note 9 and Sony tablet.

What is going wrong with the layout?

Best

Pete
July 14, 2020 12:01PM
Peter Muckle,

Prior to using windev layouts:

The UI is just too small on bigger tablet resolutions so it looks messy and out of place

After using windev layouts:

on the layout made for lower res tablet, the UI gets cut off on the right

on the layout made for higher res tablet, the UI is not in the proper place, and there is a large empty gap at the bottom.

both of these are using anchoring

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 12:01PM by RobertLeo.
July 14, 2020 05:41PM
Hi Robert,

I also use the smallest layout and work with anchors.
This works pretty good, I think you are doing something wrong.

Might be you can upload a sample project into a cloud?

Regards

Stefan.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.