Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HF SQL 25 errors

Posted by Jeff Graham 
HF SQL 25 errors
June 08, 2020 03:15AM
I installed HFSQL 25 on my client's machine and set notifications to come to me. I am getting constant critical errors:

Subject: [Critical] Serveur HFSQL 320-server:4900 : error during automatic recalculation of statistics

An error occurred while automatically calculating the statistics of <ISCO-Data\desktop.ini> file.
The file <E:\HF Server Data\ISCO-Data\desktop.ini> is not in HFSQL format.

This occurs until I turn off automatic calculation of statistics on keys. However, there is no desktop.ini file in that directory. Other files getting this error just had to be deleted. I have show hidden and system files turned on. I even tried from the command prompt to delete the file.

Should the automatic calculation be turned back on? Is there a way to prevent desktop.ini from being created or make it ignored?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Re: HF SQL 25 errors
June 08, 2020 02:47PM
Hi, did you check whether you have HSetREP(False) - otherwise all of the files in the .REP file of your project are taken into account and there may be that the destop.ini found its way into the YourProject.REP file.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
June 09, 2020 06:02PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, that does not seem to be the problem. I have no replication set on the project or the server. Also the rep file does not have any desktop.ini files in it's list. I had to turn off auto calculation again.

Any other suggestions?

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
June 10, 2020 08:09AM
Hi Jeff,

the .REP file content is primarily about finding the HFSQL files on your disk.If desktop.ini found its way into the .REP file then it will try to re-structure it. Immediately it will find out "no HFSQL file!" and stop.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
June 10, 2020 06:21PM
Thanks for all the information, Guenter.

It actually turned out that a desktop.ini file was in the directory but hidden such that I could not find it without help. The IT server administrator found it with ztree.

Thanks

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.