Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing W25 89f (final) over 83n ATTENTION!

Posted by Frans 
Installing W25 89f (final) over 83n ATTENTION!
May 28, 2020 05:47PM
Hello to you all,

I got an email from PcSoft with the following text:

I can see you also have version 25. About this version, it has been experienced that installing the final version on top of the 83n version leads to some problems, notably with the Business Controls. In order to avoid problems, remove the prerelease (version 83n) before installing the final version (89f). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards Frans
Al
Re: Installing W25 89f (final) over 83n ATTENTION!
May 29, 2020 04:08AM
Hello Frans

Thanks for the heads up

I was in the process of downloading the latest version when you posted this so I did as suggested.

Regards
Al
May 29, 2020 07:09AM
Hi Frans,

thank you! For me it's too late however. I installed the 32-bit and 64-bit in English AND French, did the necessary modifications. Not to the MDL files because this time it asked me gently whether to overwrite them or not. That's new, right. But now, everything starts from scratch again ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
May 29, 2020 10:18AM
Hello to you all,

I already installed the final over the pre.
Got a question 'Overwrite' . But it would not. Even de-installing WD25 and restarting the computer did not wipe out the whole directory structure.
I had to manually wipe it and after that instal the final version.
So: Watch out that after deinstalling all from version 25 is gone.

Now it works.
Regards Frans
May 29, 2020 10:26AM
Hi Frans,

thank you! De-installation of the 32-bit version does not allow to use the uninstall.exe of the 64-bit version anymore. So, I deleted the whole thing anyway. There is a small bug, no real problem.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.