Advanced

[V25WD] more fussy over reserved words the previously

Posted by Al 
Al
[V25WD] more fussy over reserved words the previously
May 28, 2020 03:26PM
Hello All

V25 has objected to a table column called "State"
It showed an error for a GlinkActivate(Table.State) column that has been ok on all previous versions. "No syntax of GLinkactivate is compatible"
Countries have states (Australia has 6, USA has 50) so it is normal to use the term but I imagine that Windev is confusing it with its own ..state property.

If I comment out the GLinkActivate code line then the same error shows for the next code line ListDeleteAll(Table.state)
If I comment out that line then the error shows on the ListAdd(Table.state,...) code line

The problem was resolved when I changed the column name to StateCode but I am worried how Windev will react to the use of the word "State" in the remainder of the app as it exists in files as a field in the address.fic file and numerous other areas.

Regards
Al
Anybody who follows Fabrice Harari's best practices (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fabrice+harari+best+practices+) will never have that kind of problems...

I have started doing that several years ago, and I don't have any problem with keywords, old, new, newly detected, keyword of another environment (sql...) or anything of the kind

I advise that you start renaming your variables and procedures his way, or in a similar way.
Al
Re: [V25WD] more fussy over reserved words the previously
May 28, 2020 03:57PM
Hello Argus

How about PCSoft stop changing the rules with every release.

They accept the word "State" as a field in the analysis. I can't find anywhere else in the application where Windev rejects the field or column name.
It is just this one instance of trying to fill a combo box in a table where the column name is "State" and Windev throws an error
This is clearly a PCSoft error.

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.