Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DocToHtml

Posted by AadG 
DocToHtml
May 19, 2020 12:12PM
Hi all,

I'm using the WP-control, which is working fijn. Within the WP-control I sometimes convert the .doc to html with DocToHtml. The document in i.e. an email looks different then the original .doc file. Rules between the lines.

- Rule 1
- Rule 2
- Rule 3

- Rule 1

- Rule 2

- Rule 3

Does anyone has a solution for this like I saw with the discussion about EmailImportHtml. Starnge thing is that the Help says that DocToHTML only can be used in 32bits modus

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Aad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 12:37PM by AadG.
Re: DocToHtml
November 11, 2020 05:33PM
Hello Aad,

We also work with the WP-control. Works fine. Now we want to use DocToHtml to place it in an html control.
Because then the user can edit the text and we can convert it to an email variable.
But the html control ( for editig the text) shows nothing.

Or is there an error in our code / thinking.

d is document
d = DocOpen(F_MailTexst.MailTexst)
// so far, so good

EditControlHtml = DocToHtml(d) // this shows nothing

When we place the document in a normal editcontrol then we can see the HTML text.

Whats wrong.
Thanks in advance. Regards Frans
November 11, 2020 05:47PM
Hi Frans,

No clue here. It's been a few months since I posted this and to be honest, I don't know why I posted it . I think we found a solution
or stopped looking/trying.

You say you work with the WP-control. Did you manage to get the spellchecker to work ? I tried everything in the manual
but nothing works. Tried even .rtf first, then check spelling and then convert to .doc. No result.

I contacted PC Soft about this but no result either. I had to send a project to them, so they could look into it. The thing is
that even their WP-example doesn't work, so I gave up. sad smiley

Best regards,

Aad
November 12, 2020 12:46PM
Hi Aad,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry, we did not test the spelling checker.

Regards Frans
Solved: DocToHtml
November 13, 2020 04:13PM
Hello to you all,

The solution is simple. If you know the way....

/ you have to use DocOpen when you get the text out of a binary memo.
// Nothing with Buffer er saving the file before opening.
// Or directly DocToHtml(F_MailText.Message)

Editcontrol=DocToHTML(DocOpen(F_MailText.Message))

Regards Frans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.