Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 and WD25 feedback

Posted by Jeff Graham 
WD24 and WD25 feedback
May 07, 2020 06:53PM
We are still on WD23 which is working well for our schools that my wife, Connie supports. I have basically retired and only help with the schools. I also support a couple of non-profits and one long time client that requires Native SQL driver.

Of course, all schools are currently shut down and will not start up until next year at the earliest.

My question to all of you active developers is what new features of versions 24 and 25 would make it worth the update costs?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer,

Jeff Graham
Cascade Consulting
Re: WD24 and WD25 feedback
May 08, 2020 07:49AM
Hi Jeff,

if you don't buy any updates, it's fine with me. But for heaven's sake update your HFSQL to v25! That's free and compatibility with WD v23 is there. We've seen a lot of improvement especially with Windows servers.

However, updates are always an advantage compared to not updating. After all, WX software is our main tool to earn money for our company. We make a living from it, we can pay our employees, we can pay our bills, Why not have the most up to date tools for that purpose?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: WD24 and WD25 feedback
May 08, 2020 05:54PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Guenter, I did start using HFSQL v25 for our server with good success. So with your recommendation, we will install that at all the WD 23 sites.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.