Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB24]Timeout of pages in WebDev Session application

Posted by ericus 
[WB24]Timeout of pages in WebDev Session application
May 04, 2020 09:18AM
Good morning

In Webdev 19 I had a function in my page templates to run a timer every 60 seconds with this procedure

AJAXExecuteAsynchronous(UpdateTimeonsite,AjaxCallBack)

FUNCTION UpdateTimeonsite()
RESULT DateSys()+TimeSys()

PROCEDURE AjaxCallBack(AjaxResult,AjaxCall)
STC_DateTimeSession = AjaxResult + " - "+AjaxCall

Moving to Webdev 24 my application is now running as a session.

Session time out in WAS is set to 20 minutes in the duration of AWP Contexts. The same time before disconnecting users.

Every paige in my application has the setting 'Refresh data from server to browser every 5 sec.

However my application timout continuously. Even after a minute.

It is always that standard message "The error is usually due to a shutdown of the application server" and it lists 4 possible causes.

How can I possibly trap that error? In the Initialization of my application I have this:

WHEN EXCEPTION
gpasExceptionMessage is ANSI string = ExceptionInfo(errFullDetails)+CR+CR
gpasExceptionMessage += dbgInfo(dbgStack)
fSaveText(CompleteDir(fWebDir())+"Exception"+DateSys()+TimeSys()+".txt",gpasExceptionMessage)
END

and that normally gives me the exception is there is an issue in the code but there is no issues being logged

Thanks in advance

Ericus Steyn .
you need to do in 24 EXACTLY the same thing you were doing in 19.

Regarding " 'Refresh data from server to browser every 5 sec."
It runs only in SOME browsers
It will refresh the data DURING THE LIFE OF THE SESSION, not make the session indefinite.
So basically, it has no bearing on your problem, and you shouldn't use it anyway, as it is not reliable (browser dependant)
Re: [WB24]Timeout of pages in WebDev Session application
May 04, 2020 04:05PM
Thanks very much Argus for your reply.

Yes in WB 24 I am doing exactly the same thing as in WB 19.

I just added the ''Refresh data from server to browser every 5 sec' in my page template so I can remove that quite easily so that the environment is exactly the same as in Webdev 19.

The thing is that error that Webdev shows lists 5 possible reasons:

A configuration problem of the web server, application server or application.
A rights problem
An error at the beginning of the application loading
An internal error not processed by the application server
In IIS the Internet guest user configured for the website ("Authentication") is different from the user specified in "Handler Mappings"

I am trying to eliminate each of these reasons but I don't always know how.

Starting with the last one. In IIS, my site, Authentication only 'Anonymous Authentication' is enabled and Application Pool Identity is enabled.

Firstly is that correct and secondly if you look in Handler Mappings of the site there is nothing there about guest user.

With regards to no 1 I think if there is a problem the application won't even start.
Same with no 2. If there is a rights problem the user won't be able to write to the data files but that is not an issue.
No 3 and 4 I thought would be covered by:

WHEN EXCEPTION
gpasExceptionMessage is ANSI string = ExceptionInfo(errFullDetails)+CR+CR
gpasExceptionMessage += dbgInfo(dbgStack)
fSaveText(CompleteDir(fWebDir())+"Exception"+DateSys()+TimeSys()+".txt",gpasExceptionMessage)
END

Regards

Ericus Steyn
Re: [WB24]Timeout of pages in WebDev Session application[SOLVED]?
May 05, 2020 10:10AM
In case anybody maybe have the same problem.

I un-checked the option 'Refresh data from server to browser every 5 sec." from my templates. Redeployed my applications and, touch wood, no issues so far.

Regards

Ericus Steyn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.