Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM24] Chat and Chatbot

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM24] Chat and Chatbot
May 02, 2020 07:53AM
Greetings everyone,

I want to ask if it is possible to make a chat system on Windev Mobile, if so what do I need to prepare? And another thing, is it possible to also implement a chatbot into the chat system as well? Have anyone tried these two and had experience with it? Thank you

Sincerely,

Robert Leo
Argus
Re: [WM24] Chat and Chatbot
May 02, 2020 12:37PM
of course it's possible...

You need to choose a communication system with your server(s)... it can be :
- direct access to DB (security risk, not a good idea)
- webservice (REST)
- sockets

and then when a user press send, you send to the server, and on a timer you read on the server since last read
And that's it, you have a chat system...

Of course, scalability needs to be considered from the start and the devil WILL be in the details...

As for a chatbot, of course it's possible too... it is very basic logic that you can implement easily. Now, don't take MY word for it as I have never implemented such a system myself, but I remember a conversation I had with Fabrice a few years back on the subject and suddenly the whole thing came to life in my mind like it was nothing...
Re: [WM24] Chat and Chatbot
May 04, 2020 11:45AM
Robert Leo,

Not exactly a chatbot, but LST113 has a complete working "messenger" example, like Whatsapp.
It works more or less as Argus described, with a backend rest-server and Google or Apple push notifications (both platforms included as well as the code for the rest-server for either WD or Wcool smiley.

Could give you a headstart for 120 euro, even when you don't understand French (all source code included which can be translated by the IDE)

https://www.pcsoft.fr/lst/sommaire.htm

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.