Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testing WD25 UserGroupware with updated project?

Posted by JCarson 
Testing WD25 UserGroupware with updated project?
April 16, 2020 05:49PM
Hope you all are healthy.

I am getting the following message if I have User Groupware on.

"Unable to access the file.
The description of <GPU_Element_Configuration> stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one of <C:\My Projects\OWL-Reservations\EXE\Gpw_OWL-Reservations\GPU_Element_Configuration>.
The <State> item of <GPU_Element_Configuration> file described in the analysis does not exist in the file.

Project: OWL-Reservations (25.00By)

Additional information:
Error code: 70016
WD55 error code: 16
Module: 'wd250hf.dll (01A250083n - 25.0.217.0)
Debugging information:
IEWDHF=32.10
Module=<WDHF>
Version=<25.0.217.0>
EIT_LOGICALTABLENAME : <GPU_Element_Configuration>
EIT_PATHFIC : <C:\My Projects\OWL-Reservations\EXE\Gpw_OWL-Reservations\GPU_Element_Configuration>
EIT_PATHWDD : <D:\SOURCE.VI250083\WDGPU\wdl_integree\wdgpu_wd_us_ecr\WDGPU\WDGPU.wdd>
"

When I try to access this GPU file it requests a password. I can't find what the default password might be.

TIA for any ideas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 01:49AM by JCarson.
Al
Re: Testing WD25 Groupware with updated project?
April 16, 2020 06:03PM
Hello

According to the help:
The password of data files

By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password. This password is: "PCSGPW2001".

To change this password, type the new password in the "Files" tab of the description window of user groupware. The characters typed are displayed as stars.

Regards
Al
April 16, 2020 06:06PM
Thanks Al. I know I had that several years ago. Couldn't find it today.
April 17, 2020 08:22PM
Funny thing? With this issue. There is no <STATE> field in the WDGPU analysis in my project OR in the datafile.

Edit: I went through all the other GPU files and NO field "STATE" anywhere? Does PCS watch these posts? I DO realize that this is a pre-release version of 25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2020 12:52AM by JCarson.
Attachments:
open | download - snip1.JPG (18.7 KB)
May 27, 2020 09:39PM
Just installed the final WD25. Still getting this error

********** Request Topic **********
Problem Description
Summary: Error when executing program using Usergroupware
Date: 27/05/2020 - 13:12:46

************* Your product *************
Product: WINDEV 25.0 64bits
Internal Version: 01A250089f
Version of the product: 25.0.266.0
Product Serial Number: W25A202260
Concerned part: UserGroupware

Error when executing program using Usergroupware

Project Type:Windows application

Details of the request:
Unable to access the file.
The description of <GPU_Element_Configuration> stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one of <C:\My Projects\OWL-Reservations\EXE\Gpw_OWL-Reservations\GPU_Element_Configuration>.
The <State> item of <GPU_Element_Configuration> file described in the analysis does not exist in the file.

Project: OWL-Reservations (25.00By)

Additional information:
Error code: 70016
WD55 error code: 16
Module: 'wd250hf.dll (01A250089f - 25.0.263.1)
Debugging information:
IEWDHF=32.10
Module=<WDHF>
Version=<25.0.263.1>
EIT_LOGICALTABLENAME : <GPU_Element_Configuration>
EIT_PATHFIC : <C:\My Projects\OWL-Reservations\EXE\Gpw_OWL-Reservations\GPU_Element_Configuration>
EIT_PATHWDD : <C:\Users\netcompil.PCSOFT\AppData\Local\Temp\Build_494371\RepLocalGdsTemp\WDGPU\WDGPU.wdd>

Anyone else use the UserGroupware?
May 28, 2020 07:00AM
Hi, imho, you just have to re-generate the analysis of the Groupware analysis and re-structure the Groupware files thereby.

While PC Soft's Groupware is really great for WX-beginners, they immediately have a groupware to protect their programs, in the long run you should write your own groupware. There is a number of gpw-features missing and for the difficult parts (namely control the states) PC Soft with their groupware made an excellent example to pinch code from.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Re: Testing WD25 UserGroupware with updated project?
May 28, 2020 06:56PM
Thanks Guenter.

That was the direction I was heading. In the file <GPU_Element_Configuration>, the "State" field was named "Status" in my version 24 program. So it is understandable why State couldn't be found,

Now in the V25 User groupware, the State field is hard coded in the groupware operation and must be modified from Status to State in order to operate with already established client user files. Even though the generic groupware has worked fine for me since version 7.5, I will look into maybe creating a custom version.

Best regards,
Jim
tbh
Re: Testing WD25 UserGroupware with updated project?
July 30, 2020 09:12AM
Hi,

Made a groupware class some years ago, that you perhaps can use as a starting point.

I use a modified version today on all my projects smiling smiley

Original post from 2017

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.