Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need to update data from Web database

Posted by sivakrith 
Need to update data from Web database
April 14, 2020 10:47AM
Hello,

Windev 22, Local Database : Postgresql Remote Database (DB @ shared hosting) : Postgresql

Need to develop an application, which will be installed as a service in a local windows server, which will update data from remote database to local database and vice versa.

Need to connect the remote database [ through SSH tunnel ], fetch the data, update to local database. Also fetch data from local database and update the remote database. The application will be developed in Windev and installed as a windows service in the local server.

Any suggestion to accomplish this task ? Any other ideas / suggestions are welcome.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
pao
Re: Need to update data from Web database
April 14, 2020 01:01PM
If you can connect to both databases (local and remote) from your windows server just create one service, in your code define two connections (one for the local DB the other for the remote Dcool smiley and use them to read/write the data.
You can use the Native PostgreSQL Connector to access the DBs.

Regarding the SSH tunnel i don't know if you can create it with windev or if it must be created in advance using some other tool.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
April 14, 2020 02:24PM
Paulo Oliveira,

I can make two connections. My doubt is whether a windows service can access a remote database (@ web) ? My database @web need SSH tunnel settings to connect directly ? Is that facility available in Windev applications that need to be installed as a windows service ?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
pao
April 14, 2020 05:36PM
One windows service can access one remote DB without problems.
We use it a lot, we normally use machine for the service and another for the DB and it works well.
As i told you i don't know how to make the SSH tunnel.
In our case we access the remote DBs using VPN connections and in this cases the firewall makes the IPSEC tunnel, for the service it's transparent.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
Argus
April 14, 2020 05:54PM
you are describing wxreplication (except for the service part, but that can easily be modified)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.