Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DMarc->Spam.

Posted by AadG 
DMarc->Spam.
April 01, 2020 04:10PM
Hi all,

I send a lot of emails from one Windev24 application with email.sender and email.senderadress.

Lately there are a lot of complaints that our emails are send to spamboxes. Emails are refused because of DMarc problems.
I use a senderadress that we also use in our regular emailclients without any problems.

Does anyone know a solution for this, so sending emails from Windev that are not send to spamboxes.

Thanks voor any input.

Aad
Re: DMarc->Spam.
April 01, 2020 04:41PM
Hi Aad,

please see: [www.dmarcanalyzer.com]

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
April 01, 2020 05:30PM
Hi Guenter,

Thank you for reply. My problem is that I use the domain for smtp. like smtp.mydomain.nl with login and password in Windev application with email.sender and email. senderadress. The application is on a VPS without any smtp-functions. That's why I use the same configuration as my Outlook. There the smtp.mydomain.nl works fine, so my conclusion is that it's a Windev problem. Again most of my emails from the VPS are OK but some GMail i.e. puts all mails in the spambox, not my mails send with Outlook.

Best regards,

Aad
JP
April 01, 2020 05:47PM
Aad,

If the emails are being rejected or quarantined by DMARC policy then the receiving server is not able to verify that the sending server is actually the valid sender's server. DMARC allows a receiving server to verify that the sending server is actually owned by the sending domain. Now it depends on what the domain owner has set their DMARC policy to. This can be (1) nothing, info only, (2) quarantine (i.e. treat as spam), or (3) reject as fake. That DMARC policy is set by the sending domain's email server. More and more large corps. are using DMARC to reduce spam and detect spoof emails.

JP
April 01, 2020 08:01PM
Hi JP,

It's clearly not DMARC. When I use the email example WDMail everything is working perfect., so
I'm missing something. I need to examine the example code where it differs from mine.

It will be a hell of a job because it uses classes with a lot of loose ends. No clear code.

Best regards,

Aad
April 02, 2020 02:54PM
Aad

Email deliverability is a very large subject with more components than just Outlook works and Windev doesn't.

My suggestion would be to send yourself a representative email message from both sources and examine the email headers for issues.

Eric W
April 02, 2020 03:15PM
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reaction. Your quite right about that. I send the header of the emails to my provider who are very willing
to help me with this. (Vimexx.nl)

They altered some records in the domain, but still no satisfying outcome. Maybe the header will give some answers.

Best regards,

Aad
April 02, 2020 03:23PM
Also this is a dead end. Headers are encrypted (Ziggo)
April 02, 2020 05:13PM
Aad

Your ability to debug this is greatly hindered with reliance on your current smtp relay (your ISP). you may wish to relay through another provider preferably one that gives you access to log data. You may wish to create an account with a transactional SMTP service, look for a service that allows smtp relay and offers a free tier.

Here is a quick list without recommendation for you to start your search:
mailgun.com, mailjet.com, sendgrid.com, postmarkapp.com, smtp2go.com, aws.amazon.com/ses/, etc.

If these are not of intrest than relay through another email provider like gmail for your test

While it's nice to be able to send mail through your ISP cause it's free it isn't the best in terms of deliveability due to the ISP's ip reputation.

I can tell you that I have been sending hundreds of emails daily through Windev for many years without issue

Eric W
April 02, 2020 05:29PM
Hi Eric,

Thank you for you extensive explanation. Like I said before the mails are send from a VPS abroad. Normally there is no problem to use
our own domain with ssl and port 587. There are several diehard providers like Ziggo (NL) that refuses mails even from large companies from which I think they have their business as thight as can be.

I'm afraid that the SMTP-services you mentoin are not accepted as well. I will look into them though. Can you tip me which one you use. I think today VPS services are going to be used more and more, as national lockdowns may be the future as well..

Again, thanks for your input.

Aad
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.