Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Run SQL query against HF Classic

Posted by sivakrith 
March 28, 2020 08:12AM
Hello,

Using Windev 22, HF Classic

Need to run and check SQL Queries, with Joins, Left Outer Joins, Unions etc., is correct or wrong. How and Where to check this?

When I try this in HF Control centre, it complains that the other files are not available. Only the last opened file is available, even though I opened all the required files.

Any place?
Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
April 02, 2020 11:50PM
Hi.
Please provide some extra info in order to understand what you are trying to accomplish.
What do you want to check?
There's no need to manually open beforehand the files involved in a query. When you execute it, the files are opened automatically by WD.
Is this a query that you have within a procedure?
Is it a query object made with the designer?
Regards.
April 03, 2020 10:23AM
I've a query like this,

Select a.fieldone, a.fieldtwo, a.fieldthree, b.fieldbone, b.fieldbtwo, c.fieldcone
From Table A
Join Table B
On b.something = a.something
Join Table C
On c.somefield = a.somefield
Where a.fieldq = 'conditon1'
And a.fieldr = 'condition2' ;

And my data is in HF Classic files. Can I run this query in HFSQL Control centre? If Yes, how?

We used to test written queries in SQL Server Management Studio, before pasting the same in the development tools. Now with HFSQL classic files, I could not find a place to test the correctness of the query.

When the data is in HFSQL Client / Server, I could easily test in HFSQL Control centre. The same is not possible with HFSQL Classic files or I don't know how / where to test such queries.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
pao
April 03, 2020 01:44PM
In the tools menu of WX you can find thw WDSQL try it to see if it fits your needs.

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
April 03, 2020 03:19PM
What Paulo said should work fine for what you need. I've never issued Control Center for something like that.

Another stuff you can try is creating a Query Testing forlder in your project. Then create all the queries you want to test in there. You can create your queries entirely in SQL. When a query is ready just move it to its location or just discard it if you're using other approach.

Regards.
April 14, 2020 10:41AM
Paulo Oliveira

Yes, this is what I required.
Thanks.

Raul,
Not to distribute Control centre to anyone. Just want to execute the query for its correctness at some place. I thought control centre will be the place to check such things. Found that control centre works fine with HF Client / Server not for classic. For classic WDSQL is fine.

Thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.