Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Wx MVP] What do you guys think about MVP? Anyone using it?

Posted by RAUL 
[Wx MVP] What do you guys think about MVP? Anyone using it?
March 27, 2020 03:43PM
Hi everyone.
I have seen the WD examples and honestly, I don't see it useful. A lot of objects for doing practically nothing. I understand that this might be useful in large (or very large) projects, but there's a lot of extra work to do.

What do you think about MVP in Wx?

If anyone are using this approach, what are your remarks (pros / cons) about it?

Else, which is your approach for mid/large projects?

Thanks a lot for you time in advance. Best regards.
Hi Raul,

A sort of MVP (or MVC if you wish) should be the standard in any modern software that aims at:
- scalability
- separation of concerns
- multi-platform targets (Full client, Web, Mobile, Web services, Service oriented architectures, ...)
- combination of different technologies services and platforms

Why?
- Beacuse it is the main architecture that lets you do a clear segragation between the business logic, data storage and the front-end (whatever it may be)

How?
- The best way to implement this is by using object orientation because it allows you to encapsulate specific concerns into a single object (which in theory can be executed elsewhere). Aside you get all the rest of the interesting stuff like inheritance...

MVP/MVC is an industry standard in that sense.
You could have a look to my published OOP framework on the PCSoft repository.
It is no real MVP/MVC model is at lacks a real Controller Element (which has been sort of implemented in my framework by using Window and Page templates).

By using such a generic framework you can get going very swiftly on any new project by leaving a lot of the concern to these base classes who have proven to work.

Just my 2 cents,

Peter H.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.