Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev 10 user Application Server

Posted by pauly139 
Webdev 10 user Application Server
March 23, 2020 01:23AM
Anyone have a link to download the free 10-user server for Webdev? I want to develop some webservices using WD24 and obviously need the server to run and test them.

Rgds
Paul
Re: Webdev 10 user Application Server
March 23, 2020 03:24AM
Sorted.
April 07, 2020 11:37PM
Hi Pauly.

I have a question for you about 10 users WAS.
In the same manner that sometimes is possible to use MSSQL Express for small implementations, I'm wondering whether or not is possible to use this small WAS for few users... When you open the config tool there's a place where you can modify the 10 users value to a max of 50. Do you know if this actually means 50 users max? Anyone using this development WAS in production for small clients?
TIA
April 08, 2020 06:29AM
Hello,

That changing in config file is news for me! Coz I have never looked at it.

I have implemented a small set of web services using WAS and am accessing them from a mobile app.

Currently there are 18 users who seem to use it concurrently during working hours and it is working smoothly coz at any point of time there rarely will be more then 10 users trying to access the web service at a time.

The app that I have built is for Visitor Pass management in a company and it is working just great.

Surprisingly this is the only project where I have used WAS otherwise I personally prefer to use PHP4WD.

--
Yogi Yang
April 09, 2020 12:27AM
Hi Yogi. Thank you very much for your reply.
I've never heard about PHP4WD before! A quick google search sent me back to this forum. I'll check it out.
Do you know if it's possible to use MSSQL Server with this?

Regards.
-----
Update: I've already seen a couple of videos and it seems it works ok with MSSQL. Nevertheless, I'm willing to create a webapp for accessing MSSQL DB for less than 50 concurrent users. Anyone else have a clue about the WAS development version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 01:28AM by RAUL.
April 09, 2020 06:56AM
Hello,

Yes it is possible though I have never used it personally.

Please check for yourself. I am attaching link to the latest version that I have on hand.

[mega.nz]

Please download it and try it out.

HTH

--
Yogi Yang
April 10, 2020 10:36AM
Hi Raul,

afaik the 10-user version supports max 10 concurrent users, despite the option to enter more than 10 for a particular website/webservice.

Arie
April 13, 2020 04:08PM
Thanks a lot guys for your replies!
Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.