Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD24] How to modify the size of the scrollbar

Posted by Al 
Al
[WD24] How to modify the size of the scrollbar
February 25, 2020 05:58AM
Hello All

I am trying to create some windows for a Windows touch screen application.
To make it easier for the users to operate, I am making the controls bigger and it is going well except for combo boxes, I can't find a way to make the Scrollbar button bigger or how to make the scrollbar itself wider.
I have searched through the help on styles but nothing seems to mention this aspect.

Regards
Al
Re: [WD24] How to modify the size of the scrollbar
February 25, 2020 08:56AM
Hi Al,

bad news, there is no way to easily change the width of the scroll bar indiviually. There are quite a few messages in msdn forums, these involve lot of code lines in .NET, C#, WindowForms etc.

The only way to do it is to change the scroll-bar width in general. Width of scroll bars of WINDEV comboboxes will change as well. Since - I think so - you want to change all scroll bars, it's the way to go.

For a general change of the width of the scroll bar for pre-Win 10 systems:
[forums.ni.com]

For Windows 10 I couldn't find the corresponding tool. However, there is an easy way to do it! I downloaded and installed WinAeroTweaker [winaero.com] and changed the width of all scroll bars successfully!

Warning. the maker of Winaero Tweaker is a Russian and it could be dangerous, I did not look for any bad reports about it. Maybe, there is another tool available which does the same ...

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2020 08:57AM by gpredl.
Al
February 25, 2020 10:24AM
Hello Guenter

Thanks for the idea, the Winaero Tweaker has some quite good tools but I have gone around the problem and found a Windev solution smiling smiley

Windev has a scrollbar width option for tables, so I changed the content of the combo box to be a table, added a manual ..LineHeight to get the table rows to handle the font size of 18 and it works fine using fingers on a touch screen.

Regards
Al
February 25, 2020 10:29AM
Hi Al,

that's a great idea!

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.