Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WM 22: adjusting height of static

Posted by Peter Muckle 
WM 22: adjusting height of static
February 09, 2020 04:38PM
Hi all,

I have a mobile window with a photo and caption and then another photo and caption underneath.

The captions can vary in size, and I want to be able to adjust the height of the static(s) to show the text without blank space afterwards, and have the photo or element show just below the static .

How do I expand the static to show all of the text, and keep the element below close?

Thanks

Peter
Re: WM 22: adjusting height of static
February 10, 2020 04:08AM
Height=TextHeight(..

is the answer.
Re: WM 22: adjusting height of static
February 11, 2020 09:30PM
In the last versions of WM (I think I remember that in the change from WM23 to WM24) the calculation of the size according to the content using TextHeight was not done well. You can also use the Layout field. You define a field in each line of the layout and it takes care of increasing or decreasing the size according to the content.

Greetings

Ruben
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.