Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM24] Question about resolution

Posted by RobertLeo 
[WM24] Question about resolution
January 29, 2020 09:18AM
Hello guys,

prior to purchasing windev mobile, I was told by the sales rep that for implementation of my apps to different devices of different resolutions can be done automatically, but after all of the testings this has never been the case with menus going far out of bounds, certain texts and fonts being too big or too small, and anchoring doesn't solve the problem, and I have never gotten a straight answer from PCSoft either hence I was wondering if you guys know if it is possible to properly scale the app to the device it is being deployed to?
Re: [WM24] Question about resolution
February 10, 2020 07:51AM
For now I ended up making multiple versions of my app following the resolutions of my test devices, but moving forward I don't think this is feasible as there would be multitudes of differing resolutions down the line, hence I will need to see if it is possible to make it so that the app can be compatible with other resolutions without breaking the designs.
Argus
February 13, 2020 01:52PM
this is done via the anchoring setting for each field.
February 14, 2020 05:28AM
Argus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is done via the anchoring setting for each
> field.

I tried that before but it would still go out of bounds for smaller resolution devices, and too small for bigger resolution devices
March 02, 2020 03:06AM
Is there really no way to allow for compatibility with different resolutions in Windev? Is it really this restrictive? Because manually changing the resolution is nothing more than just a bandaid, especially in this day and age where there are multiple devices with a wide range of different resolutions, and anchoring doesn't help matters
March 02, 2020 06:59AM
Hi, there is anchoring, didn't you try?

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
March 02, 2020 07:01AM
gpredl Wrote:
> Hi, there is anchoring, didn't you try?

yes I tried anchoring, on smaller screens the UI goes beyond the borders, on bigger screens it is still too small. So either I am using anchoring wrong, or there is something that I missed
March 02, 2020 07:12AM
Hi, of course, you have to calculate the anchoring yourself!

If you want a control to gain 40% in width and still stay in the center of the screen then you have to move it 30% to the right, 40% is for the control's width and 30% are left to the right of the control. Same goes for positioning the controls vertically.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
March 02, 2020 08:46AM
gpredl Wrote:
> Hi, of course, you have to calculate the anchoring
> yourself!
>
> If you want a control to gain 40% in width and
> still stay in the center of the screen then you
> have to move it 30% to the right, 40% is for the
> control's width and 30% are left to the right of
> the control. Same goes for positioning the
> controls vertically.

alright I'll give it a try myself, thanks
March 02, 2020 06:25PM
Are you using layouts?

layouts

Dennis
July 10, 2020 09:37AM
Cabinetman,

Thank you for the tip, I am not sure why I never got the notification for this reply but alas.

I have tried what everyone has told, I shrunk the project's resolution to the lowest tablet resolution in windev (945x456) and while it works on my low res tablet (while needing minor tweaks here and there), it becomes a mess in high resolution tablets like the samsung A7 tablet (1920x1200) I used for testing, and any attempts to fix the UI for that makes it worse on the low res end, so I decided to use layouts and made two versions, one for low res (945x456), and another for higher res tablets (1280x800).

It didn't go as I expected, on the lower res tablet, the UI is cut off past a certain point, while some buttons are outright missing

meanwhile on the higher res tablet, the same mess occurs here too.

Am I doing anything wrong with layouts? Because while on windev mobile and it's built in simulator it worked out fine, but on devices it became an outright mess
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.