Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating columns in a table

Posted by mixgh 
Updating columns in a table
January 23, 2020 09:34PM
Hi,

I'm migrating my app from WD16 to WB24. It is basically a school administration app.

I have a table with a list of students, and three columns....testresult, examresult and finalresult. All I need to do is when exiting testresult or examresult, it should add the two and store the total in finalresult.

Since browser columns don't have a server code "exit control" I am using the usual executeprocess but this is not working.

Does anyone have a solution?

regards

issah
Re: Updating columns in a table
January 24, 2020 11:19AM
Hi Issah,

I''m also busy moving a Windev project to Webdev and this is one of the 'pitfalls' indeed.
In this case use the AJAXExecute(<options>, procedure,params) function

[help.windev.com]
January 24, 2020 09:09PM
Hi PeterVu,

Can you send an example because the parameters I need to pass to the AjaxExecute procedure are table columns and these are not accessible in browser code.

Thanks

issah
January 29, 2020 04:10PM
Hi issah,

Depends of table type and what you want to do

A simple example :

In the control exit code of the tablecolumn:

sRes is string = AJAXExecute(ajaxUpdateControls,AJAXproc)

Procedure

Procedure AJAX_Proc()
j is int = TableSelect(Table)
Table[j].col2 = Table[j].col1
RESULT table[j].col2

January 29, 2020 04:31PM
Hi,

I'll keep this code in mind. I did eventually get the update done using something similar but still had a problem with tablesave() which doesnt work in WB.

I eventually added a container column with button. Clicking the button opened a pagedisplaydialog of the record, allowing me to do the computations and save the record. A tabledisplay() refreshes the table.

You have opened my eyes to AjaxExecute.....will come in handy very soon.

Thanks once again

issah
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.