Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compare HFSQL C/S

Posted by DerekM 
Compare HFSQL C/S
January 07, 2020 01:59AM
Hi

Does anyone know of a good technique to compare two (remote) databases without writing a lot of code?

There is a good example on the PC website ("applications") - called CompareBases - but for me that one is fatally flawed as it will not let me skip a "special" fic file and just crashes.

The WDHFDiff utility is an old classic files utility.

I could (I suppose) write my own version of "CompareBases" but life is short enough as it is.

I can work-around this in a very manual sort of way (only really need to compare a couple of FICs in each database - but I've got a vague feeling that I am missing some simple technique.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards (and a happy New Year) to all

Derek
Argus
Re: Compare HFSQL C/S
January 07, 2020 09:08AM
there is function doing that (don't remember the name) in the WXReplication tool provided by Fabrice Harari on his web site. He's using it in the utility window to calculate the checksum of each file and compare them to checksum of the same file in other bases.

You can probably adapt it easily to your case.
Re: Compare HFSQL C/S
January 07, 2020 07:34PM
Thank you Argus

I will go the manual check route for the short term - but now I know where to look for some sensible routines when I automate this process.

Regards
Derek
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.