Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing on fanfold paper

Posted by carella.giovanni 
Printing on fanfold paper
January 03, 2020 09:27AM
Hi,
have you ever tried to print on printer with fanfold paper?
Can you give me an example?

Thanks
Re: Printing on fanfold paper
January 03, 2020 04:08PM
Hi,
if you want to use a dot matrix printer at the HIGHEST speed it supports:
a) Create your report as a TXT file - making sure you use the printers default settings (like 66 lines per page etc) in your design.
b) Use a DOS spooler application that "sends" a file at your default printer [the Dotmatrix].

I use the above for Slip or Invoice printing on DotMatrix printers installed on delivery trucks - works like a charm.

You can use this FREEWARE spooler if you haven't one: [www.compuphase.com]

After I create, fill and close my txt file, I use spool.exe with these set of commands:

bResult is boolean
bResult = ExeRun("c:\temp\spool.exe myReport.txt", exeActive, exeDontWait, "c:\temp\")

Where c:\temp is my local temporary folder, and where spool.exe is copied and the report txt files are created.
Of course, you can use your own folder structure, but you get the idea ...

Regards
Steven Sitas
www.alpha360.biz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 04:10PM by SteveSitas.
January 03, 2020 06:33PM
Greeting

I personally use in my applications a DOS printer that sends a txt file to print.

On a mobile application, I create a txt print file that I send to the FTP protocol on a PC that has a DOS print applet installed on the printer

It works great

[infosonline.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 06:34PM by infos.
January 04, 2020 08:31AM
Hi, if you're just doing "windows" type printout you should define the paper in the printer driver and tractor feed. There's nothing else to do. You can define virtually any paper dimensions in Windows, even if there is no selection for it!

Hispeed printing on matrix printers is definitely a different thing. Define the printer as a genuine EPSON printer and use iESCAPE as shown in [help.windev.com]

Note: there is no decent preview for printing on matrix printers available. Perhaps - not tested - DOSPRN ( [dosprn.com] ) could be used to make a preview of an ESCP/2 document.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
January 07, 2020 09:39AM
Hi,
i found a solution.

The printer is a label printer.

The problem is the height of the paper.

I create a report with a height of the one row (like 6px)

before the iPrintReport change the height of the paper with iParameter(iPaperLength,alt).

Work perfetcly
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.