Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web printing strategies

Posted by mixgh 
Web printing strategies
December 31, 2019 02:50PM
Hi,

I have recently moved my application from windev to webdev 24. Its looking good and working well.

My main problem is with print preview..

I like my print previews to open up in a new tab. This is easy and works flawlessly by specifying the destination of the submit button.

The problem is I validate the report parameters in the same submit button and in case of an invalid parameter, you get an error message asking you to make the necessary corrections but the new tab is still opened and it duplicates the page I am on. This confuses my users.

Does someone have a web printing/previewing strategy that solves this problem.

Thanks as always

issah
Re: Web printing strategies
January 01, 2020 04:37PM
Open it in a popup message cel ?

regards
January 01, 2020 04:49PM
Hi Allard,

Can you explain?

regards
Argus
January 02, 2020 05:35PM
Use two buttons...

the first one contains the validation code and has the current page as target
IF printing is okay, do an executeprocess of the other button... that button has the new page as target, and does the pdf printing and displaying.

Of course, the second button is invisible...
January 02, 2020 07:29PM
Hi

Create a popup screen. This is a cel that openens on top of the page you are in ( popupopen () opens it )

In this screen you can display error messaged but the invoice as well if all went fine of course. Thiis way you do it all in one page .

well now Iam thinking about it you can even do it all in one page without popup window. Use a cel ==> on that selenable planes. In plane 1 normal window plane 2 fault messages plane 3 the invoice

Regards
January 04, 2020 12:31AM
Hi,

Thanks for the ideas. I had already tried using Allards method but with a small page with Ok and Cancel buttons which I open with pagedisplaydialog. It worked but would not close itself, which was the code after the printing.

I then tried Argus' method which is working fine but is well suited for the particular page. PCSoft should just add a "newwindow" parameter to filedisplay and take us out of our misery.

I have to deliver the app by the end of January, after which I need to spend a bit more time with tutorial and web technologies.

Thanks once again.

issah
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.