websockets
December 27, 2019 12:34AM
Hi

Anyone ever used the websockets feature ??

regards
Re: websockets
December 27, 2019 12:14PM
Hi. The chat example works really well on WB24.

Rubén
January 05, 2020 11:07PM
Hello Do you mean the intranet example ? Honolulu?

This thing is working with an outdated verry costly Polling manner. It drains resources

I have gotten a webservice example from jerom from pcsoft. However Now Iam not sure websockets is the way to go . Sockets are a complete different protocol and not needed if you just want to push something to a client

I found server side events SSE.
( no coding example availeble for webdev although it is mentioned in the help ones )

That is great . It gives the ability to sent stuff to a client that is listning ( subscriber model )

Basically the client is constanly listning to a webservice ( as it it where busy with downloading a file , if keeps a proces alive without cost) and If server publishes it takes the information from the server.

Simple coding with php but I cannot get it working with webdev. The issue is the lack of control I have over source code . The page needs to be of type streaming and that I cannot get right.
I posted an other message on this. I think it is strange that nobody has issues with this??

regards
January 06, 2020 11:59AM
Hi. As I was saying, there is an example of the use of websockets, but it's in the 2017 PTO, and the example is for Windev.

[package.windev.com]

[package.windev.com]

Greetings

Ruben
January 09, 2020 09:30AM
Ok I see . i have gotten a websocket example from Jerome ( from PC Soft ) as well.

But After considderation the use of websocket is overkill. I only need to push a view lists. I like to use SSE for this ( serve side events ) this is a way more simple thing .It uses the normal http etc ( actually with php it is like 4 rows of code for serverside and like 2 rows of client side javascript)

I got an url to the help from support bug I cannot get it to work.

url : [help.windev.com]

Anyone ever used this . Does this work at all?

regards,
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.