Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD24 User Groupware ? Can I get users logged on list while in app/w details?

Posted by JCarson 
WD24 User Groupware ? Can I get users logged on list while in app/w details?
December 12, 2019 09:38PM
Hello.
I have an application that runs on a network with multiple users logged in at the same time. I am wondering how fill a table for an administrator with user info of current logged in users (Login name, workstation/ip address), while in the application? Similar to the WDADMIN on the install station, but with User Login info included.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 09:57PM by JCarson.
Al
Re: WD24 User Groupware ? Can I get users logged on list while in app/w details?
December 13, 2019 12:19AM
Hello Jim

I maintain a second user list in my software. When the user logged in and the groupware analysis was opened, I would collect the groupware info into global memory variables and then update my user file.

A few months ago I finally took Guenter's advice and ditched the Windev groupware and it was the best thing I ever did.
It was quite simple as I was using the GPW not the GPU. I simply moved the GPW files into my analysis and modified the GPW windows to suit. That means I can still use all the original groupware windows.
To make the groupware work I run through the data in the GPWElementConfiguration file and apply the various states to the window controls. It is still a bit rough around the edges but works ok for my clients as they mainly use the groupware to limit access to menus. At the moment I run my groupware procedure in each window's "End of Initialization" event.

Regards
Al
tbh
Re: WD24 User Groupware ? Can I get users logged on list while in app/w details?
December 13, 2019 12:21PM
Hi,

A couple of years ago (after struggling with the WD groupware) I made 1 class in window for this use it if you want it`s open code:

The Posting itself

The ultrashort manual

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.