Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to upload the entirety of excel to analysis

Posted by RobertLeo 
Is it possible to upload the entirety of excel to analysis
November 29, 2019 11:09AM
Hello all, I have two excel files that I need to add to a database with each excels fulfilling a certain role;

Excel A: To create a new datafile where the top columns be the data 'names' whilst everything below it entered to the proper data names it is placed under

Excel B: To add data to an pre-existing datafile where both of them have the same data 'names'

Is there any built in function in windev mobile that allows this or how can I do what I want to do if there isn't
Re: Is it possible to upload the entirety of excel to analysis
December 02, 2019 08:05AM
I have read around both forums and I find that WDconver can do what Excel A can do, but I can't seem to open WDconver from WDTools, and the code by DarrenF posted here looks like it can do the job for Excel A and B but I am unsure on where to place the code in, do I call it globally?
December 06, 2019 09:08AM
Hi,

It's really up to you - the code I wrote can be used "as is" anywhere you like or it could be re-written slightly to be used in a Procedure by adding an import parameter for Filename to replace the "hard-coded" filename.

Also, keep in mind that the code I wrote was written before the HImport... function was made available - [help.windev.com]

Regards,
Darren.
December 09, 2019 04:11AM
Hello DarrenF,

Thank you for the response, I ended up being able to import excel in the end, turns out what is causing all of my hardships in doing so is the OLEDB being corrupted in my system so it works again after reinstalling them in passive

DarrenF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> It's really up to you - the code I wrote can be
> used "as is" anywhere you like or it could be
> re-written slightly to be used in a Procedure by
> adding an import parameter for Filename to replace
> the "hard-coded" filename.
>
> Also, keep in mind that the code I wrote was
> written before the HImport... function was made
> available -
> [help.windev.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.